Chapter 42 Aftermaths pt.1

So this chapter is like a month and a half in the time period. That's why everything happens at once in this chapter.

 -------------------------------

Luke

It was a couple of minutes before the police had decided that they were gonna come in and 'rescue' us. I think that me and Ash had pretty much done their job for them. I had stopped a lot of the bleeding that people had and Ashton had beat the crap out of Floyd and I don't think I was strong enough to stop him since Floyd had shot Harry.

Annie and Michael were outside for the whole thing and they think that they were a mess. I had my hand inside my friend when he died. Ashton watching Ryder, Harry and Tina get shot. Calum still hadn't stopped shaking and he hadn't spoke to anyone yet, not even his parents. They didn't know what we had been through. We can tell them all what we had been through but they would never exactly know what we had all been through. I could help but feel like my hands were dirty, like the blood from Ryder wouldn't wash off my hands. But for now I was just gonna keep that quiet because that could lead to no end of problems for me with everyone. So instead I was just gonna let Ashton's parents smother me.

"Are you sure that you're okay honey? Do you want me to call your mom? I can go get you a milkshake from McDonald's if it will help" Ellie frantically stated while she placed the back of her hand on my forehead, I don't think that I'm gonna have a temperature from being in an almost hostage situation. Just a very long therapy bill when I get older. Ashton and Harry were still in a bone crushing hug from James. Harry just wanted Niall but he wasn't gonna be here for at least another hour. Me and Ashton hadn't even looked at each other since I saw him take down Floyd and he almost killed him, like literally if the police hadn't pulled Ashton off then Floyd would be dead right now.

I didn't need anyone to call my parents because my mother was so freaked out when I had called her that she was hopping on a plane back from visiting my dad as soon as she possible can. There was just one slight problem...my dad kinda doesn't know that I'm gay or bisexual would be a more accurate way of putting it or maybe even Ashsexual? Which is kind of a problem since my mom like to call me her gay baby all the time, it was fucking stupid, every time I would go to the super market I would be called Mrs Hemmings' gay baby. It was really disconcerting when Mrs Yin the 70 year old 5ft tall Asian lady asks me if she would call her grandson. I shrugged away from her hand and I think she got the message that I didn't want her to keep prodding and poking me. I glanced over at Ash and surprise surprise him and Harry were arguing already.

A police officer approached us, I recognized him as Officer Kalson, the one who puled Ashton off of Floyd. "Mr Irwin, Mr Hemmings can we ask you a few questions...alone?" he emphasized glancing at Ash's parents and Harry. I got a feeling that we were both going to get a telling off for taking matters into our own hands and the fact that Floyd had Ashton hand shaped bruises running all up and down his body. I bet they were gonna hurt like crazy. He was being taken to the hospital first and then to juvenile court to be prosecuted for what had come out as 17 deaths and 43 injuries related to the whole thing. Most of them were mainly caused by trample injuries from the stampede of people running away from gun fire but so so. Ashton nodded slowly in agreement. I complied as well.

We mosied over to an empty area of the school parking lot, everywhere was still scream filled with people waiting for family or being checked out by emergency paramedics. I let my hand brush against Ashton's slightly, and a smirk found its way onto my face. I hadn't been doing it for a while since Ashton chose Ryder but I guess that I had to be there for him today when his boyfriend died today. The policeman went to talk to some of his colleagues about the questions that he was going to be asking us, I found it slightly cringe worthy that they didn't already have the questions ready to go but I guess I got some quiet time away from Ash's parents. I glanced over to Ashton, he was leaning against the back of a stray street car, after the day that we had been through no one really cared that he was leaning against some random car. Plus it gave us the first alone time that me and Ashton had had in months. I smiled to myself when neither of us said anything, both of us were enjoying the silence I guess. I glanced over at Ashton once again...