Chapter 23 Ashton 2.0

Shout out to @DarkR0se because their comment got reported by Wattpad and they were only expressing their worry for Ashton.

#TeamAshton or #TeamLuke.

-------------------------------

Luke

I had no idea what was going on with Ashton but it wasn't good. He was alienating everyone around him. Calum and Michael were sending me furious messages on Facebook. Though since he decided to be a douchebag. I decided to really not care.

I walked into school as a changed man. Sending flirty little smiles to all the girls that I had been neglecting for all too long. It felt like I had retracted a whole year of my life, I had become straight again I guess. It was going to be fun catching up on lost time and reclaiming my old place in the janitor's closet. Nothing to worry about, not a care in the world. The world had been lifted off my shoulders.

I had been noticing every little thing. Girls wearing pushup bras. Girls who were horny by the way they bit their lip when I went by. Girls going commando by the way they walked. I was like a blood hound that had been imprisoned for months. It's like I had the tool to fix every girls problem. I plan to fix all their problems. Sexually.

"Well it looks like Luke Hemmings is back on the prowl" Calum laughed when he appeared by my side. Honestly I was expecting a 'Are you sure you should move on so fast?' speech but honestly I think they just wanted me to be happy. And I was only ever happy by sleeping around before I was tied down. I gave him a raised eyebrow smile. It was a question of who the lucky first was going to be. Man to think I hadn't had sex in almost four months was embarrassing. It was like I had regrown my virginity. I was probably going to pass out after my first time back.

"Well I'm not in a relationship anymore. Ashton says that he wanted space but decided to piss off all of his friends. It's clear that it was a breakup and not a break. So in the interests of not turning into a Friends special I'm moving on" I explained while I span my locker combo open. I opened the sheet metal door and a whole heap of letters fell out. The mist of perfume that wafted off them was intoxicating. Clearly every girl in the school had heard that I was newly single.

"Geez you make it look easy. I hate it when you're single" Calum laughed, there were easily a hundred letters here. Envelopes weren't the thing I was interested opening. Forget I said that actually. It makes me sound really creepy. I wasn't going to wait here and pick them up either. I'm more into face to face transactions. Lip to lip.

"I love Annie but I hate it when you're in a relationship. You're boring, we can't go out and have you as my wingman anymore" I moaned. Oh the good old days when we were fourteen and I got Calum to have his first drink and taught him how to get the girls at the park to share the sweets they had. Back when the only lips we cared about was the cheery ones you could get at the corner shop. Now all that mattered was getting as mortal as possible and having sex with as many people as possible. Safely of course.

"Well I love Annie and I told her that and we totally did it" Calum explained. That story would have been a lot more interesting if I didn't know he said he loved her. And if he had given some details about how she was. Damn I really am a horny freak right now.

"Wow. Looks like everyone is getting back on the horse these days. Let's forget about our ex's and just have a kick-ass Junior year. Or what's left of it anyway" I muttered in defeat. A month and a half of Junior year left didn't really sound like the rage fest I was trying to sell it as.

The bell rang right next to my head, making my ear feel numb. Damn.

"Well I have dance with the demon ex who blamed all his shit on me...you?" I announced. Calum chuckled a little before running off down the hallway. Great now I have to see the one person who actually understands me and can uses that against me.