Chapter 21 Cell Block Blues

Ashton

I really didn't like my mug shot, they took it on the left side of my face and the flash made my face look hollowed and lifeless. My hair was still hung over my face. My shirt was torn. It looked like I was some street hooker.

All of us were in a large cell facing the south wall. We all looked pretty messed up, like prom gone wrong or something. I could still feel the grease from that slut's hair all over my hands. Gross.

"So where did you learn to fight like that? You were like Jackie Chan or something" Michael enquired. That was the first time any of us had spoken in like two hours. I felt honoured being referred to as Jackie Chan, he was like a world legend or something. After the Harrison attack I had been taking self-defence classes, I didn't tell anyone but I felt like I needed them. In the end I did.

"I took self defence classes. Have been for a while" I mentioned sleepily. I couldn't believe I was actually sat in a jail cell right now. I was pissed off at life, and my friends for jumping in to save me and getting themselves arrested but mostly I was pissed at Luke. I could have taken care of that guy myself. That was the whole point of me taking self-defence classes.

"I didn't know you took self-defence classes" Luke stated confused.

"Why something in my life you haven't tried to control yet?" I snapped back. Everyone dived into a deep awkward silence. Low rattling could be heard from the other side of town, from the train tracks.

"I'm not trying to control your life. I just don't want you to get drunk and get raaped again" Luke snapped back. As if he actually just said that. Would he seriously using my raape as a weapon against me in an argument where I'm obviously right? My jaw dropped, I couldn't even look at him at the moment. I wasn't really anyway but now was a definite.

"You are such an asshole, maybe you should start another fight and we can get our pictures taken and sit in a metal box for two freakin hours. Oh shit we're already doing that" I fake laughed. Everyone was shifting uncomfortably and looked like they hated sitting in the middle of a couple's fight.

"You let some random guy grind on you and feel you up you twat. I love you and everything but sometimes you ask for trouble" Luke chuckled falsely. I ask for trouble? Was he fucking serious.

"Your bail has been paid" an angry voice stated. I remember that angry voice all too well. I turned my head slowly to see a very angry Ellie gripped onto the bars of the cell with her pjs on. I could tell this wouldn't end well for me.

I gulped and slowly walked out of the cell when it slid open. I gave everyone a goodbye glance, I probably wouldn't see sunlight for a while after this one. Ellie looked like she could murder someone right now. I tried to make the walk out of the nice safe police station as slow as possible. Fearing the dark unknowns on the outside of these walls.

I glanced at Ellie's empty car, once we were out of the police station her expression eased into a smile. "Argghhhh my gay boys first rebellious act. This is a milestone. I'm not crazy about you getting into a bar fight but you did pull some skanks hair out to defend your boyfriend so I'm mixed with the happy/crazy mad front" Ellie stated.

I couldn't tell if she was pissed or ecstatic that I had been arrested. This was confusing.

-------------------------------

I woke up early the next morning and I was still in my clothes from last nights party. I peeled myself off my bed and stumbled over to my closet and pulled off my clothes. I pulled on a loose tee, a pair of sweat pants, a baggy hoody and white converse.

My cellphone vibrated and rattled along the desk. I couldn't handle this right now, my head feels like something blew up inside it. I had never had a good experience with drinking, but who does anyway?