Chapter 37 Halloween

Luke

It had been almost a month since me and Ashton had even exchanged a hello. I get he was mad but it was a few misused words that he was blowing out of proportion.

Okay so some really bad words but over a month without talking to me was completely blowing this thing out of proportion. I felt all sentimental because Ashton wanted us to have a couples costume. I thought it was a little weird at first but now I crave the ideals of the idea.

We talked about a Batman and Robin costume. He knew my love for my comic books, he was perfect.

I felt stupid leaning at the end of my desk in Sociology so I could catch a glimpse of him chewing the end of his pencil. He was so beautiful, too beautiful that I someone underestimated him in the worse way possible.

"Would you stop staring?" Kiera snapped at me in a hushed whisper. It was such a joy to have her as the only person to talk to me. Calum and Michael were avoiding me. I didn't really talk to Annie anyway. Ashton for obvious reasons and Harry...well Harry is sticking on Ashton's side of this whole thing.

"I can't help it. He's just perfect" I moaned out loud. I could feel Kiera roll her eyes at my comment. It felt like a tingling sensation.

"Which is why you called him a whore in front of the whole senior class" she pointed out while scribbling down answers onto our worksheet. Human relationships was the topic, ironic wasn't it.

I know what I had done, I know I had done it in front of the whole senior class and I know I was the worlds biggest ass but I know I loved him unconditionally and needed to make this right.

She sighed angrily, "Okay listen up...out of everyone you know I've known you the longest and I know that you didn't mean those things that you said. I'm not saying that you aren't completely innocent because you must have had those things in the back of your mind to say them" what the hell did she mean exactly? I was so confused right now. My head felt like it had been hit with a bowling ball and I had been the one to launch it.

"What I'm saying is that nothing is impossible to fix. You gotta make the effort yeah?" she asked me. She knew me all too well. Everything in my life was a open story to her.

What could I do? It needed to be something that really grabbed his attention and was public enough to make a major. I needed a halloween party that would rock the world.

My face cracked into a stretched smile that made my face feel like plastic. It was uncommon occurrence for me to be smiling lately. This was the sigh of the start of something new.

"Halloween party at mine tonight. Tell everyone" I decided cheerily.

-------------------------------

Ashton

"So are we going to Luke's halloween party tonight?" Michael enquired.

I felt like everyone was listening in on us while we were waiting inline for our lunch. I had had that feeling for a couple of weeks now. Every conversation we had about Luke or Ryder everyone leaned in a little closer. I glanced around at everyone subtly, Michael remained oblivious.

"You can go if you want. I'm looking forward to a nice night of Ben and Jerry's and the Gilmore Girls" I explained. There was no secret that my life was sad at the moment. I went out sometimes but everyone was just awkward around me lately.

Michael rolled his eyes while he collected his tray of burnt lasagne. Italian Fridays was a bit of a rarity when it was only burnt the food. Usually you could find hair or anything in there.