~Chapter 13: The New Edition~

Turtlepaw's eyes snapped open. It was the middle of the night, but she heard scuttling outside. Her stomachs jolted as she remembered Thubdrclan's warning before, but relaxed when she realized it was just Lakesong. "Wait a sec...." she thought, getting up quickly, "Could it be time already?" She silently walked out of the apprentice den, careful not to wake her clanmates. Breezepaw noticed her, and flicked her tail as an invitation to enter the nursery. She brightened and rushed in.

*********************

Turtlepaw squinted as her eyes adjusted quickly to the darkness of the nursery. She saw Lakesong busily pushing on Meadowbreeze's belly. "Meadowbreeze!" Turtlepaw thought quickly. Breezepaw glanced at her, whispering in her ear, "You can stay, but go back there with your mom." She gestured to Goldenfur, sitting out if the way in the back, but still paying attention and tensed to help at any second. Turtlepaw nodded, and padded over there, trying to stay as small as possible. She watched fascinated as two tiny kits were born. They mewled, and Meadowbreeze breathed out in relief and pulled them closer. Lakesong stepped back, her work done. "Who's the father?" Turtlepaw thought. Suddenly, Hawkfabg burst into the nursery, rushing up to his mate and kits, beaming. The question answered itself. Goldenfur nudged Turtlepaw, and have her a quick lick on the head. "Go back to bed sweetie." she whispered. Turtlepaw gave one more glance at the two kits, one black as night and one brown, and padded out as quietly as possible.

***********************

Dawn came, awakening Turtlepaw unwillingly. She was exhausted from the excitement from the night before. She yawned as the other apprentices woke up around her. Otterpaw god up and stretched, then went outside to gossip about the gathering until dawn patrol. Turtlepaw decided to visit Meadowbreeze and her new born kits. She smiled at the thought of new faces to play with.

************************

Hey. -Amber- here. Srry for such a short chapter. ;n; My brain is dead right now.