~Chapter 31: United~

"Oh Starclan! You're alright!" These were Meadowbreeze's words when her daughters were returned to her. The two kits scampered over to the nursery, tackling their mom. The three rolled on the ground laughing. Turtlepaw sat and watched, smiling. Suddenly, she remembered the rest of her clan was still fighting. "Great Starclan! I gotta go!" she shrieked, springing to her paws. The fast apprentice raced out of Windclan camp, and didn't stop until she got to Thunderclan's.

*************

The battle mist gave been vicious, because the scene was quite a sight. There was bloodstains and clumps of fur strewn across the camp. Turtlepaw paled when she saw a body, laying unmoving on the ground. Thunderclan cats huddled over it. She ran up to Otterpaw, who was panting hardly. "Who died?" Turtlepaw hissed to Otterpaw.

*************

"Thunderclan deputy, Gingerpelt." Otterpaw whispered, her voice cracking in fear. Turtlepaw watched Thunderclan mourn over their lost deputy. "Who...who killed her?" Turrlepaw asked quietly. Otterpaw went silent, and her heart filled with dread.

*************

Larkstar quietly walked up to Volestar, who was hunched over Gingerpelt's body. "The battle is over," She mewed, "And no territory shall be distributed to you." Volestar whipped around, his sliky cheeks tear stained. "Fine! Just go!" he spat in her face. With a slight dip of her head, Larkstar led her clan out of Thunderclan camp.

**************

Surprisingly, Windclan was not escorted back to their territory. The patrol traveled in silence, Turtlepaw's mind racing. Who had murdered Gingerpelt?

*************

Soon, her question was answeredatee that night, when Larkstar called an announcement to the clan. Wounded warriors limped out of the medicine cat den to listen. Turtlepaw noticed Wolfheart standing off to the side. He didn't have a scratch on him, just a couple bruises on his shoulder.

*************

"We have won the battle," Larkstar mewed, "With Riverclan's help of course." Turtlepaw realized Riverclan must have came and went while she was fighting Vixentail. She wondered what happened to the she-cat, and hoped Honeypaw was alright.

*************

"We had our kits returned to us, thanks to Turtlepaw." Larkstar announced. Turtlepaw blushed as everyone turned to bean at her. Mudkit and Ebonykit bounded to her paws, squealing. Meadowbreeze dipped her head to Turtlepaw. "Thank you." she mewed gratefully, herding her kits away.

************

"Thunderclan encountered a terrible loss, however," Larkstar continued. The clan quieted. "They have lost their deputy, Gingerpelt. Their new deputy will be chosen tonight, I assume. Clan dismissed." Larkstar jumped off of high rock, and Windclan went about with their buisness. Turtlepaw felt unsatisfied. She wanted to know who had killed Gingerpelt.

***********

Suddenly, a yowl erupted from the camp entrance. The Windclan cats sprang to their paws, ears pricked and claws unsheathed. One of the guards rushed into camp, panting. "We have...a...Thunderclan...apprentice...who....intruded...our...territory." he panted. "Bring her in." Larkstar growled, stepping forward. The guard nodded and returned shortly with a wide-eyed Honeypaw. 

*********** 

"Honeypaw!" Turtlepaw exclaimed, running oiver. "Turtlepaw, do you know this cat?" Larkstar mewed, her eyes narrowed. Turtlepaw nodded quickly. "Yes. She helped Ebonykit and Mudkit escape with me." Larkstar turned to the kits. "Is this true?" she asked. Ebonykit and Mudkit nodded "Yes! Honeypaw is a friend." Larkstar turned back to Honeypaw. "Why are you here?" "I-I want to join Windclan..." Honeypaw whispered, looking around nervously at the clan. Larkstar thought about this for a moment. "Very well. But you will train with our apprentices. You must vow loyalty to Windclan, and you shall never return to Thunderclan. Okay?" Honeypaw nodded. "Volestar has transformed Thunderclan into a violent place. It is not my home anymore." Turtlepaw beamed. 

**********