~Chapter 3: Fresh Air~

Reeds rustled as Turtlekit, Falconkit, and Otterkit struggled to be the one out of the nursery first. Fresh air hit Turtlekit's face, and she welcomed it. Otterkit gasped, looked around at the wonderds of the outside world. Faclonkit ran ahead to the fresh kill pile. "Prey..." he breathed as his sisters joined him. Their eyes widened in the wonder of new food. Goldenfur padded up to them, purring. "You're finally old enough to eat prey like the rest of the clan." she announced. They all squealed, picking out their choice. Otterkit found a vole, Falconkit dragged a big rabbit back, and Turtlekit picked a humble mouse. Sottedpelt laughed, walking up to them. "Maybe you should just share one." she meowed, and they looked at eachother smiling.

**************************************

The three kits chose a robin to share, and devoured it quickly. "That was amazing!" Turtlekit squeaked, glancing at her siblings who nodded. Otterkit looked around, then got up. "Come on guys! let's go meet some clan cats!" Turtlekit barely heard her as she watched the black she-cat she had met days ago pad into a den. Falconkit and Otterkit were already walking ahead. "You coming Turtlekit?" Falconkit asked. Turtlekit hunf behind, staring at the den where Brezeaw had didsappeared. "I'll- I'll catch up with you guys later." she mewed. They shrugged and bounded away towards the warriors den.

***************************************

Turtlekit cautiously entered the strange den. A weird smell met her nose, that smelled like dust and plants. Breezepaw sat in the corner, organizing some herbs with her back turned to Turtlekit. She pricked her ears, turning to face Turtlekit. She smiled. "Hello Turtlekit." she greeted the kit, standing up and walking over to her. Turtlekit grinned, and loed around. "What iu this place?" she mewed.

************************************

"This is the medicine den. It's where the medicine cat treats sick or hurt cats and where we store all our herbs to do that." Breezepaw informed. "Are you the medicine cat?" Turtlekit asked. "No, I'm the medicine cat's apprentice, Breezepaw." she replyed, smiling. "Oh. Nice to meet you Breezepaw!" Turtlekit squeaked, dipping her head. Breezepaw chuckled and returned it.

***********************************

Turtlekit padded out of the emdicine cat den feeling satifyed with her information. Her mind was lost in the wonders of being a medicine cat. "Medicine cats have a special connection with starclan. they visit us in our dreams." Breezepaw's words echoed in her mind. Without looking, she bumped into a gray and white tom. "Watch it, will yah-" he growqled but stopped when he turned to see Turtlekit. "Oh! You're on of the new kits, right?" he said with a softer tone, smiling slightly. "Yeah." she replied quietly, "I'm sorry I bumped into you." He smiled. "I'm sorry I snapped. I'm Pebblepaw. and you are?" She brightened. "Turtlekit!" she mewed, ouffing out her chest proudly. He laughed. "You remind me of myself, kid. Don't wear your name out." he joked, ruffling her head fur with his paw and padding away to join his siter Cottonpaw.

*************************************