chapter 1

Camila's POV

{present day}

"Camila! Right here! This way!" The paparazzi shouted, while me and Anthony posed for them.

This was the first time me and Anthony walked a red carpet together. Stacy said it had been long enough, and it was time we made things red carpet official.

I looked over at Stacy who kept encouraging us to seem happier and pretend to be head over heels for each other, but it was difficult, because the man next to me took advantage of me, filmed it and blackmailed me till I agreed to give him money and fame.

What has my life come to? I have to pretend to be in love with this asshole, and after all he's put me through.

"Kiss me." Anthony whispered leaning towards me.
"In your dreams." I looked back over to the paps, with a fake smile over my face.
"Stacy asked you to." He said again, reminding me of what Stacy had directed us to do.

I'm not kissing him. Not happening.

So instead I just walked off the red carpet, dragging him behind me and stepped towards the crowd of interviewers. Stacy ran up to us and said "Camila. What did I tell you?"

"What?" I asked, pretending to forget what she had instructed me to do.
"You know what? We'll talk about this later. Anthony why don't you go inside and find your seats? Dave, take him." Stacy said to our bodyguard and Anthony.

Once they were gone, Stacy began "Now if anyone brings up any questions about Anthony what do you say?"
"Pretend that I have the best fucking boyfriend in the world." I replied blankly yet sarcastically.

Stacy rolled her eyes and continued "And if someone brings up Mendes?"

Shawn. I missed him. But I messed up way too bad to even face him anymore. I dont know how he felt about me and Anthony being an official couple, but I could only imagine how mad he was, and more importantly, how disappointed he was with me. I wanted to explain it to him but I dont think he wants anything to do with me anymore, after all that I've done.

"Camila?" Stacy broke me from my trance.
"Yeah. Shawn and I are still good friends and I'm happy for him." I replied to her earlier question.

"Okay. Now go on." She lightly pushed me towards one of the interviewers who was calling me.

"Now we have Camila Cabello. Hi Camila! How're you feeling?" The super cheery and chirpy woman asked me.

I reflected back the same aura as her and said "I'm super pumped. I can't wait!"
"So obviously you're performing tonight, what song are you performing?"
"It's a surprise. I can't tell." I replied making the interviewer burst into an "ooooh".

I was going to sing a new song. A song about love, a completely fake and pretentious song, a song that was more of a publicity stunt than an expression of my real feelings. How do you expect me to write a song about love when I'm being forced to love someone as disgusting as Anthony? How can you expect me to write a song about love when I possibly let go of the only boy I've ever truly loved?

It was written by other songwriters but my management bought it from them and paid them good money to keep their mouths shut. I was nervous about performing it because I had to pretend yet again. I had to pretend that the song was mine and it meant a lot to me, when it wasn't even my song.