chapter 2

Shawn's POV

{present day}

I entered the big hall where the award ceremony was being held with Hailey, my date for the night. We didn't walk the red carpet together cause it was just the initial stage of our dating status and both our managements agreed that it wasn't time yet.

"You guys are seated at the front." A host told us. I smiled at her and walked over to the front and I saw her.

Camila. There she was, with Anthony. I still wasn't sure if she was genuinely in some form of relationship with him, or whether it was a set up from her management's side, but I liked to believe the latter. I wanted to ask her but we hadn't talked ever since that incident, when she slammed the door on me.

As we walked closer to her, I grew more tense wondering if I should talk to her. Our eyes met for a second making my stomach churn. She quickly looked away and so did I.

So we are ignoring each other then.

"Are you guys not talking?" Hailey whispered to me, clearly asking about my situation with Camila.
"I dont know." I replied, to which she just gave me a small smile, trying to comfort me.

I hung out with Hailey a few times but I still didn't know much about her, other than how kind and caring she was. She was a phenomenal person in my eyes, and I felt bad for being her fake boyfriend. She deserved better than just a fake relationship.

I walked over to my seat and sat down. Hailey was seated next to me and Camila and Anthony were just a few seats away. I couldn't help but glance at her a few times.

Suddenly Anthony noticed me and waved at me, smiling politely. His intention wasn't bad, he wasn't trying to show off his new relationship with my ex-girlfriend, or supposed ex-girlfriend, he was being genuine so I smiled and nodded at his direction before looking away.

I looked over at Hailey who was talking to her manager about how uncomfortable her dress was and suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked at the person, hoping that it was her, but it wasn't.

"Hey man." I greeted Anthony.
"Hi." He shook my hand and smiled.
"How's it going?" I asked him.
"I'm good. How are you?"
"I'm fine, I'm good." I replied nervously, not sure where to take this conversation towards.

"Um..uh..this is Hailey." I turned towards the blonde next to me, who was now looking at the both of us.
"Hi." She extended her arm towards Anthony who shook it.
"She's my date." I stated.
"Oh." Anthony said and smiled weakly. "I mean I would introduce you to mine but.."

Again, he wasn't trying to be rude, he was seemingly understanding, and somehow I didn't have any problems with him anymore, I wasn't mad at him anymore, given Camila herself was alright with him. I might have just overreacted about her being with Anthony, and maybe he was a different person now. He seemed a lot more mature, for sure.

"Oh no I get it. It's fine." I weakly smiled. I looked over at Camila, she was looking at the three of us, but as soon as she found me looking, she reverted her gaze.

"Have a good night and all the best for your performance." Anthony said.
"Thanks." I replied, letting him leave.

That surprisingly wasn't as awkward as I had hoped it to be. Anthony had changed, and maybe I should just let Camila be happy with him, instead of trying to hold her back from him for something that happened three years ago, and just because I feel like she belongs with me. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe we just aren't meant to be together, maybe she's happier with Anthony, maybe she's finally found a guy who can tell her how much he loves her, instead of hiding behind songs.