chapter 9

Camila's POV

{present day}

He's been gone only for a few minutes now and I miss him already. He just ran away in the flash of a second.

I investigated my bruised face in the mirror and undressed myself to get myself in the shower.

Maybe he'll be here by the time I get out of the shower.

I had a long and hot shower, letting the warm water hit my face and cause me to flinch in pain everytime that happened. After a prolonged shower, I got out and draped a towel around myself.

I checked my face again. My right eye was swollen and black, and my lip was slightly swollen as well. My right cheek was in a lot of pain too.

Did they even take me to a doctor or were they too busy covering the whole thing up?

I ran a thumb on top of my lip, making myself think back to the kiss that happened between me and Shawn.

It was needy and passionate and soft and hungry. It was every emotion wrapped into one single kiss. I miss his lips on mine. I miss him.

C : can you come over already?
C : I miss you

S : okay don't be mad but I can't come over right now
S : I have to be at a meeting in a few hours and then my entire day is jam packed with other stuff I'm so sorry
S : I'll try to come over maybe later tonight, once I'm done with whatever I have to do
S : I'll make it up to you I promise

C : okay

S : I love you

C : I don't

S : ouch

C : I love you so much Shawn

S : I love you too
S : okay I'll text later I'm driving

I immediately stopped texting, concerned about his safety and laid down on my bed.

My plans for today was to go to the studio and record some songs for the next album, then I had a meeting with some people from the merch company and of course a night out with Anthony.

I don't want to any of those things today, but to cancel I'll have to contact Stacy and she is probably the last person I want to talk to. That's a lie, Anthony is the last person I want to speak to.

And as my luck would have it, Anthony called me the very next moment. I ignored all of his calls and then suddenly my phone started overflowing with messages from him.

A : Camila can we please talk?
A : I want to explain myself
A : I'm so sorry
A : I never meant to hurt you
A : you mean so much to me I would never want to do anything to hurt you
A : can I please come over?
A : I need to see you
A : I'm ready to do anything to make all of this okay just please
A : give me one last chance Camila
A : I need to tell you why i did what I did
A : please at least pick up the phone

I got frustrated with his constant nagging so I decided to text him just to shut him up.

C : do you really expect to justify yourself after hitting both me and Shawn? You have serious issues so stop bothering me and get some help. I dont want to ever talk to you.