chapter 21

Camila's POV

{present day}

"But Camila he needs you. Please." Hailey spoke from the other end of the line.
"Hailey I don't have a choice here." I continued driving while bawling my eyes out.

She didn't say anything for a few seconds and then suddenly said "..Shawn. What? Oh my God!..Camila I'll call you back." She quickly cut the call, without hearing any more from me, leaving me a nervous wreck.

What was that? Is Shawn okay? What's wrong?

With all these thoughts in my mind and no one to talk to them about, I entered my apartment. The same old empty house.

I ignored all the paparazzi waiting outside and their burning questions.

I undressed myself and scrounged around my wardrobe for some comfortable clothes. While going through them, I found Shawn's t-shirt from that infamous drunken night.

I pulled it out and held it to my face.

It's lost his smell from being put away for too long. It doesn't smell of him anymore.

I put it on anyways and walked over to my bed. I laid down in my bed and covered myself with the white sheets.

I heard my phone ring in the other room.

I didn't want to pick it up but it could be Hailey and I really needed to know how Shawn was.

I dragged myself out of bed and went to pick the phone up but the contact name didn't make me too happy.

"Hi." I said blankly.
"We have a lot to discuss about. Get to my office in fifteen." Stacy spat and rudely cut the call. I sighed and put my phone down.

This won't go very well, I know it.

The media has been continuously pestering us for information regarding Shawn's hospitalization, which his management has been trying to cover up with all kinds of excuses. Since I was heavily involved in it, there was a lot my management had to answer for as well.

But ever since my fight with Stacy, we had not talked, so it probably annoyed her even more. I had been in and out of the hospital a lot, paying regular visits to Shawn, and I knew for a fact, she wasn't very happy with that. People were already beginning to question all of it, the reason behind the fight, my relationship with Shawn, our history, Anthony's involvement in it and a lot more. It was one huge mess.

I paired Shawn's t-shirt with some jeans and headed out, without bothering to look at myself in the mirror.

Outside my apartment was a sea of paps and interviewers waiting to get a proper response from me, but I quickly walked into the garage, got into the car and drove off.

I drove to Stacy's office and knocked on the door to her office.

"Come in." She said from the other side. I did so and took a seat across from her. She didn't look at me but just kept marking down some things on a piece of paperwork.

"What do you want to talk about?" I broke the silence.
"Ms. Cabello, the talent agency has taken the decision to drop you and so has the record label. We wish you the best of luck for your future but we don't think you need us anymore, given your track record for the past few weeks. I want you to sign here." She said in a condescending tone and pushed the papers towards me, pointing to a dotted line.