chapter 29

Camila's POV

{present day}

I've been dreading this moment ever since Shawn mentioned the plan.

I walked into Stacy's office and fiddled with my fingers once I sat myself down across from her.

Come on Camila! You can act, you fooled the entire school into thinking you and Shawn were an actual couple. You can do this.

"Stacy I messed up." I began.
"What did you do now?" She looked at me disapprovingly.

Here I go.

"I'm pregnant." I blurted.
"What?! How? Whose kid is it? Anthony?" The look on her face was hilarious but I controlled my giggles.

"No." I said in a low voice.

I want to laugh at her when she finds out it's Shawn.

"Oh God please don't tell me it's that Canadian."
"I'm sorry." I said, causing her to facepalm.

"Camila! How can you be so irresponsible? Did you not use protection?" She began shouting and pacing up and down the room.

Oh my God don't laugh out loud. Don't laugh out loud.

"We did!" I protested.
"Wait when was the last time you slept with him? I thought I told you to not contact him ever again." Stacy stopped to glare at me.

"This happened before the contract. I have been showing symptoms for a while now, but I ignored it, thinking it was just flu or something. But then I missed my period, so I freaked out and I took a test. It was positive." I said in one breath.

"Fuck! Did you double check? Did you go to a doctor? Does Shawn know?" She let out all the questions at once.

I have to tell her Shawn knows so that she can't ask me to keep it a secret from him and just let everyone think it's Anthony's child.

"Well I kind of screwed up there."
"Oh my God, what did you do?"

"I did go to the doctors and she said I was, in fact, pregnant." I bit my lip, trying to act nervous. "I knew I wasn't allowed to contact him but when the people at the clinic asked me for the father's name and his contact number, I kind of blurted it all out. They called him and he's been trying to contact me all day today." I lied for the hundredth time.

That should do the trick.

"Jesus fucking Christ!" She couldn't believe it.
"I want to keep the baby and I want Shawn to be around. It's his first child too." I tried to persuade her.
"You're planning on keeping it? Are you insane?!" Her protests made me furrow my eyebrows.

Bitch are you crazy? You want me to abort a baby? No I have to persuade her or the plan will fail.

"Stacy it's a literal human being. I can't kill a human being."
"Okay fine, but Shawn can't be the father." 

I was fearful of this one comment coming my way. No. Persuade her Mila. Come on. Shawn trusted you with this, don't let him down.

"What do you mean? It's his kid."
"Camila I told you, you and Shawn aren't going anywhere near each other! You have to tell people it's Anthony's."
"No! No Stacy you can't take away his child from him. I can't let you do that. Shawn won't let you do that." I tried to stand my ground.

"I don't want the media finding out about your one night stand that got you knocked up." Her eyes kept glaring down at me.
"Then why don't you get him to date me? We can pretend to be a couple."