chapter 23

Camila's POV

{present day}

I was woken up in the middle of the night when I heard some shuffling in the other room.

Shit. Did someone break in? Holy crap! Do I call the cops?

I took it upon myself to check who it was and I slowly got out of bed. I grabbed a saucepan from the kitchen counter and walked towards the direction of the sound. I was being led towards the entrance of the room.

Oh God please don't get me murdered.

I saw a silhouette of a man who was just feeling everything around them. His back was turned towards me so I decided to knock this guy out before he had the chance to fight me and smashed the saucepan against his head.

"Son of a bitch!" A familiar voice shouted.
"Shawn?" I asked recognising the voice in the blink of an eye.

What is he doing at my apartment in the middle of the night? Why did he sneak in instead of knocking like a normal human being?

"Holy fuck!" He kept shouting and cursing. I ran over to the light switches and flipped them all on.

I noticed Shawn standing in the same position with the back of his head in his hands.
"I'm so sorry." I walked over to him and massaged the back of his head with my hand. "Are you okay?"

"God dammit Mila! Do I have to bring a weapon next time?" He said angrily and continued rubbing the point where I had hit him.

Our hands touched and I quickly removed it from him, making the awkwardness settle in.

"What are you doing here? And why would you not knock? I thought someone broke in." I said in one breath, refusing to make eye contact with him.

"I wanted to see you." He said and advanced towards me, making me take a step back.
"I'm not supposed to see you." I told him, looking into his brown eyes.

I have to control myself. Control yourself Mila and don't let him touch you in any way, shape, or form, cause that's your biggest weakness.

"Yeah I got the message but did you really think that'll manage to keep me away from you?" A smirk was spread across his face.

Lord have mercy on me. I don't want to end up kissing him.

"That's what the message was supposed to do." I remarked.

He took a few more steps towards me as I kept moving back until my feet made contact with the bottom of the couch, making me stumble and fall on the seat. Shawn giggled at the sight.

"Very funny." I said with sarcasm dripping from my words. "Shawn please leave."
"Mila that isn't how you treat someone who just got out of a hospital and who you just hit in the head with a bloody saucepan." He pointed towards the utensil in my hand, which I didn't realise I was still holding. I put it down beside me on the couch and sighed.

I have to tell him off.

"Shawn I have signed a contract. I can't be with you, and you know I have to be with Anthony."
"And why is that?"

"You know why. He actually tried to kill himself when he realised he had put your life in danger."
"Mila do you trust me?" He asked abruptly.

Of course I trust him, but what is that supposed to mean in this scenario?