chapter 22

Shawn's POV

{present day}

"Shawn! Are you okay?" Hailey held my face in her hands as I recovered myself from that strange dream I had.

What are these nightmares? I have never had them before.

"Shawn!" Hailey shook me by my shoulder making me break from my daze.
"I'm okay. I'm okay." I reassured her but I wasn't sure myself.

"Did you have a bad dream? You were shaking and it freaked me out."
"Yeah. I had a strange dream. It was truly strange." I admitted while continuing to catch my breath.

"Do you want me to call the doctor?" She asked with concern laced in her voice.
"No I'll be okay. I'll be fine." I faked a smile.

I got sucked into a void and then I was drowning. I found myself with Camila but she jumped off a building. Then there was a different me, with bloody hands and he cried blood instead of tears. He disappeared when that thunderbolt hit him, but then I was standing on the edge of a cliff and I jumped. Now I'm here.

"Here. Have some water." Hailey poured out a glass of water for me and handed me it. I quickly gulped down the liquid and laid back down on my bed.

The door opened right then and at the opposite side was Andrew, my father and my doctor. "You're free to go."

After a few last checks, the doctor declared me free to leave. Dad came up to me and placed a new change of clothes on the bed, asking me to get changed. Hailey helped me down from my bed and guided me into the bathroom where I got changed.

I looked at my face in the mirror and only saw a jumble of black and blue.

My dad drove the four of us to my apartment, outside which was a huge crowd of people. Luke and a few more security guards were already at the site. My dad and Andrew helped me out of the car and on a wheelchair, and wheeled me into my house.

I blurred out all the questions from the paparazzi knowing that it was the best thing to do.

Everyone probably already knows what went down and I'm not ready to face their accusations just yet.

Once inside my apartment, I was greeted by Mom and Aailyah. My dad helped me to get on my bed and left me alone for a while. That only meant one thing, I was left alone with my thoughts, more precisely I was with my thoughts about Camila.

How can I show her that Anthony is just lying? How do I get her back? I can't let her just slip away from me. I'm willing to do everything to be with her.

I hope Anthony is behaving himself because if I see another scar on Camila, he'll have to pay every penny for it, even if it means it'll get me killed.

Should I call Camila and try to persuade her? I have to talk to her. Maybe I'll do it face to face, that's the right thing to do. I don't care how much she keeps pushing me away and how mad she makes me and how much she keeps telling herself that she's supposed to be with Anthony, she knows she belongs with me and I'll prove it to her.

There was a knock on my bedroom door and I let them in. It was Andrew.

"Hey man." He said.
"Hi. I made another mess. How's everyone handling this?"