chapter 16

Shawn's POV

{present day}

I woke up with an aching body in a big white room. There were numerous wires entangling me from all around, and the sharp rhythmic beeping of a heart monitor made my ears hurt. The only other sound was coming from me breathing heavily into the oxygen mask that was around my mouth. I forced my eyes open as far as I could and looked around the room.

I was in a hospital bed and there was a giant window next to me. I noticed a woman's figure sitting on a chair in front of the window. She didn't notice that I was up.

"Hello?" I forced my words out.
"Oh my God! Oh my God! You're up. Oh thank God!" She came up to me and cupped my face in her hands. I blinked rapidly to help my vision but I knew that voice.

"Camila." I whispered. I was beginning to lose my voice due to some reason.
"Shawn." She said back and fell into my arms. I gently squeezed her in my arms.

The door was pushed open and a tall muscular figure was standing on the other side of it.
"Camila let's go." It was Anthony. He held his hand out to her and she got off of me.
"I'm sorry Shawn." She said and bit down on her lip to control her tears.

I couldn't speak anymore so I held onto her arm. I'm not letting her go.

"Don't Shawn." She said while a tear rolled down her cheek.
"Camila!" Anthony's voice echoed through the room.

"Let me go. Please." Camila begged, and tried to get out of my grip but I didn't let her go.

Anthony stomped towards Camila and yanked her hand free from mine. He forcibly dragged her along with him and walked out the door.

I wanted to shout but my throat was numbed down. I couldn't say anything anymore.

Anthony left the door open and I watched him drag her along the hallway, and then push her to the ground. She crawled into a ball and cried, when Anthony kneeled down opposite to her and slapped her, making Camila let out a cry.

I was jolted back to life and I found myself wake up again.

What is going on?

My hands were shaking, my heart was beating at a hundred miles per hour and I was back in the same hospital room, but there was no sign of Camila or Anthony.

"Oh my God you're up! Shawn? It's okay. Hey it's okay." A pair of arms hugged me from the side and I burried my head in their chest and began sobbing. "Look at me." She pulled my face to meet her gaze. It was Hailey.

"You're okay." She reassured me.

Was that a nightmare? What was that? Where is Camila? Is she okay?

"Camila." I spoke softly.
"She's okay. Everyone's okay." She replied and hugged me again.

She isn't okay. As long as that monster is around her, she isn't okay.

"I'll go call a doctor okay? Wait here. Don't panic, I'll be back in a bit. I'm just outside okay?" She said, making me nod in response.

She removed my hands from around her waist and walked outside. I looked at the wires and the heart monitor, and then touched my face. I winced as soon as I did so. It was really painful. My stomach was hurting and so was my head.

It was only a bad dream. I'll take care of Anthony once I get out of here. He'll not manipulate Camila or torture her anymore.