chapter 5

Camila's POV

{present day}

"What did he do?" Shawn asked.

What did he not do? That is probably easier to answer.

I was reminded of every bad thing that Anthony ever did or said to me and I broke down into tears.

Shawn quickly walked over to me, closing the gap between us and held me in his arms.

I hadn't felt this safe and comfortable in a while. I really need him, especially in my darker times, when he would just hug me and let me cry and be able to make me feel safe and sound.

"I slept with him and he filmed it and now he's blackmailing me that he'll expose them if I refuse to be with him." I explained to Shawn.
"I'm going to kill that son of a bitch, you should've never stopped me from killing him the first time."

He is furious and it scares me a little, but I hold onto him, never willing to rid myself of this feeling of safety and comfort.

A silence followed and we just stood there in each other's arms.

"I've missed you." I finally spoke.
"I've missed you so much more, you have no idea." He replied.

I looked up at him and we both just stared into each other's eyes, taking in everything we had missed for the past months.

I missed his honey brown eyes, and they way they changed colours from a dark yellow ochre to a dark brown. I missed his curly brown hair, and the way that one lock of hair fell on his face. I missed his lips and the way they moved when he spoke. I missed the little scar on his cheek and the way it was shaped. I missed his hands and the way they hugged my waist when he was holding me close. I missed him and the way he looked at me like I was the only thing that mattered.

I felt the strong urge to kiss him and when I began leaning in, the door flung open and a disheveled Taylor greeted us. She didn't even have the time to question us but instead shouted "Shawn, Hailey's out of control!"

"What?" He asked, letting go of me.
"She's drunk out of her mind and she's throwing a fit because you aren't there with her." She told him.

Shawn immediately followed Taylor out, leaving me all alone in the room.

Why do I keep forgetting that Shawn has a girlfriend now? I saw them kiss just a few moments ago, on the dance floor, and I'm already here trying to sabotage his healthy relationship. I shouldn't make a move on him and do something that'll make us both feel guilty later.

I walked to the main party area and watched Shawn trying to calm Hailey down. She held Shawn's face in her hands and said something to him before kissing him. He pulled her off of him and grabbed her waist, flinging one of her arms over his shoulder and proceeded to drag his drunk girlfriend with him.

I was standing near the doorway so he had to walk past me, and when he did so, he whispered "I'll call you."
"Camila! You let go of the sweetest guy on the planet! Why would you do that?" Hailey slurred.

I don't know Hailey, maybe I'm just stupid and ignorant.

"Bye." Shawn said and escorted Hailey out of the venue.