chapter 17

Camila's POV

{present day}

"I'll be right over." I quickly said into my phone and grabbed a purse, shoving my house keys in it. I grabbed the keys to my car and within a quick flash of events, I was driving towards the hospital.

He's okay. He's okay. He's okay.

The tears slithered down my cheeks as I kept chanting that in my head. I parked my car in the parking area and ran up to his room.

"Shawn." My voice was so low that it almost came out as a whisper.

He immediately looked up at me and smiled. I ran straight into his arms and began sobbing unstoppably.

"I'll give you guys a minute." Hailey politely added and left the room.

"I thought I had lost you." I choked up.
"You'll never lose me." He spoke into my hair.

I held back my tears and held his face in my hands. His bruised face brought my heart to a stop.

I let this happen to him.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered.
"This isn't your fault. Stop blaming yourself." He grabbed my waist and pulled me on top of him. I climbed on top of him on the bed, and straddled him, never breaking eye contact.

I brushed the hair out of his face and started caressing his bruises. He grabbed my hand and kissed my fingers, making a chuckle leave my mouth.

He placed his hand on my shoulders and slowly started trailing his fingers down my body, sending a shiver down my spine. His hands stopped at my waist and he placed it on my back and pulled me even closer to him.

He's never touched me like this before but I like his hands on me, and the way they leave me breathless and needy.

"Ow ow ow!" He held his stomach in pain and I immediately shifted off him.
"Sorry." I apologised.
"No it's okay." He said and held my hands in his. "You're okay right?" He checked on me.

"I am now." I replied, making him grin. He pulled my face towards his and gently pressed his lips against mine. I started deepening the kiss and he responded back immediately.

I can kiss him forever and never get tired of this. His lips are the only thing that can drag me out from any darkness that there is.

"Oh I'm sorry." Someone said behind us, making us break from the kiss. I got off the bed and noticed Hailey was standing at the door, looking away from us and blushing.

"It's fine. Come in." Shawn encouraged her.
"Your parents are here." She said. "Camila do you want to come out here with me? They can only allow two people in at once."

"Yeah. I'll be right out." I told her, making her leave the room.
I kissed Shawn once again and squeezed his hands in mine, before walking out of the room.

I met Manuel, Karen and Aaliyah on the way out. They all gave me a hug before they went in, leaving Aaliyah behind with me and Hailey.

"He's okay right?" Aaliyah asked in a shaky voice.
"He's okay Aaliyah. Don't worry." I hugged her.

I excused myself from the two girls and made my way into the washroom. I splashed some cold water on my face and wiped away the tear stains. Hailey walked into the washroom a few seconds later.

"Where's Aailyah?" I enquired.
"She didn't want to wait so she went in anyways." Hailey said.
"Oh okay." I looked back at my reflection in the mirror.