chapter 28

Shawn's POV

{present day}

"You're taking cheesy to another level now." Camila complained as I guided her to the bedroom after putting a blindfold on her.

"Stop complaining and take off your blindfold." I said against her ear.

She followed my instructions and what she saw next, left her mouth hanging open.

"You like it?" I asked her, while biting on my nails.
"Shawn..Shawn.." She turned towards me with teary eyes as she struggled to let out a proper sentence.
"Aw I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry." I hugged her.

I had decorated her entire room with rose petals and there was a sign that read "There are countless rose petals in this room for the countless amount of times I messed up."

"I have one more gift." I said and sneaked out of the room and reappeared with one of my old guitars.

It isn't just any old guitar. This was my first guitar, the guitar me and Mila composed 'I know what you did last summer' on, the guitar which I used during Camila's guitar lessons, and the guitar from the night we first had sex.

"Remember this beauty?" I held up the guitar for her.
"It isn't the one from high school is it?" She guessed.
"Indeed it is. I want you to have it." I pushed the instrument into her arms.

"No I can't Shawn. This is too much. This is yours." She rejected it.
"What's mine is yours now, okay?"
"Shawn no. I can't."

"I won't take no for an answer Mila." I shoved the guitar in her hands and she hesitantly grabbed it. She strummed it once and then sighed.

"I hate you." She teased me.
"Are you sure about that?" I walked closer to her and set the guitar down after taking it from her. I held her face with my hands and ran circles on her cheeks using my thumbs.

"Change my mind." She said, making a foolish grin creep up on my face. I leaned in and planted a soft kiss on her lips.
"Still think its too cheesy?" I asked.
"Yes. But I'm not complaining." She said and pulled me in for another kiss. She started deepening the kiss but I pulled away, reminding myself of the one last thing and the most important thing I was supposed to do.

The plan.

"Okay before we go there, we have one more thing to talk about." I said. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "We can't keep hiding from Stacy so I have a plan and trust me, it's gonna work."

The light from her face faded and I knew she was nervous.

"Don't worry. It's going to work okay? But you have to trust me. You trust me right?" I nervously asked, even though I knew she did.
"I do."
"Okay so this is what we'll do."

I explained the entire plan to her and she just gawked at me.
"How is any of this going to work?" Were her first words.
"It will. Me and Andrew have worked it all out. But you are the one who has to persuade Stacy, can you do that?"

She has to do it.

"But Shawn she'll find out eventually. I don't mean to put you down but I dont think this'll work." Her pessimistic side came through.
"I have everything under control. It'll only be a few months until I get you sorted out with a new manager, and a new record deal and we'll just have to pretend till then." I was positive.

"But what if you fail to find me a new record company?" The unsurity dripping from her voice made me furl my eyebrows in confusion.

"Are you kidding me? Anyone will be lucky to have you, but since this has to be secretive to help save you from the torture of Gildenburg, it'll take some time. But if we do this, she won't make you stop contacting me, she just can't."