Chapter 36

CHRIS' POV

Her YES was sealed with a kiss and warm embrace and I am the happiest version of myself right now because of her.

No amount of money can give me this euphoria.

Just her. Only her.

"I can marry you, Ilia. I can freely shout to the world that it's ONLY you whom I love... THE MOST."

I hugged her. "This is especially renovated for your Oath Taking. Maghanda ka na ng speech mo."

"Chris..." She threw her arms around me while in tears as she chuckle.

"I wish I can announce to the world how much you mean to me." She said with teary eyes.

I leaned down to kiss the back of her forehead. I caught his hand and kissed the back of her palm.

" You are my life. My queen and my love." I said under my breath as I let myself drown at her brown eyes. I love her with all my heart.

ILIA'S POV

Accounting Records showed Dion embezzled 358.5 MILLION Pesos from Chris.

Tumibay ang laban ni Chris dahil don.
Iba pa ang nasabing halaga sa mga luho na pinabibili niya.

I helped him investigate if there were further at hindi kami nabigo. Now its up to 781. 7Million pesos.

That's too much. Chris isbyet to decide kung nagsasampa siya ng kaso sa ex wife niya. But knowing him and seeing his expression parang ayaw niya nang mag aksaya pa ng panahon doon.

"781.7 million and counting. That can feel a whole island. That can change lives." Napahampas siya sa desk niya. He is more disappointed and feeling betrayed than angry. I hugged him from behind to calm him down.

"Chris..." I whispered. He heaved a sigh.

Hinarap niya ko para yakapin and kissed my forehead.

"This is nothing compared to the blessing of fmever finding you." He muttered. I smiled inwardly habang hinahagod ang likod niya.

Weeks passed by fast na masaya kami ni Chris sa bawat araw. We are still waiting for the Oath and Testimonial. Hihintayin naming maayos ang lahat.

Oath taking came and my Mom was there to witness me as I pledge as a new CPA.

At the testimonial I was awarded by the committee and Board, and Chris was there. I was smiling like crazy.

My mom on the table was so proud of me. Kasama namin si Mayan.

We all shook hands. And at the stage bulong pa sakin si Chris. "You are the most beautiful woman in this world."

"World talaga? Hindi room?" Untag ko.

"In this Universe." He corrected himself.

I laughed so hard and we let them wonder what we were taking about away from the microphone.

I stood at the platform as I deliver my speech.

"Good evening, everyone and congratulations." I smiled.

"The long road to the CPA, our struggle to hurdle what said to be the hardest Board Exam in the country, is now over.That 5 years we spent in our respective Hellish Universities and 6 months in the review has finally come to fruition.

Let us clap our hands for all the times we felt like giving up but never did."

After the crowd's applause, somebody was still clapping her hands. I turned to the stairs of the stage it was a woman in long red gown with high slit.

She is covered in jewelry and exudes the air of an Alta Sociedad.

"Ganito ba?" She raised her brow with a smirk.

"Who are you?"

"The woman whose husband you stole." She answered.

The crowd gasped.

I looked at Chris' sit pero wala siya roon, all of a sudden.

"YOU HEARD IT RIGHT! ANG TOP 1 NIYO AY MANG AAGAW NG ASAWA! SHE WAS HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH MY HUSBAND!

OH DID HE PAY THE COMMISSIONER TO MAKE YOU NUMBER 1 AS WELL?"  She blurted out as she took the mic.

There were non stop noises from the crowd. Nagsitayuan na ang mga tao at ang iba ay sumisigaw. I looked at my mom who was on her feet, dumbfounded to everything she's heard.

No..

Chris. Where are you...

I roamed around and saw the judgement in the face of everyone.

My eyes landed at my mom's dumbfounded expression. Mabilis iyong napalitan ng disappointment. Sunod ng galit. Sunod ang pandidiri.

My heart shattered at that moment.

A man fell at the side of the stage. Sinuntok iyon ni Chris. Must be her people stopping him from getting nearer and getting involved.

Naka alpas don si Chris at papalapit na samin. When I lifted my stare at Dion my hawak na iyong bote ng champagne. She was holding it in the air and about to land it on my face. I shut my eyes and felt someone embracing my body.

I heard the glass shattered and more commotion from the crowd.

I opened my eyes to see Dion's shocked face and Chris covering me.

Awtomatiko'ng nahulog ang nahulog sakin ang bigat ni Chris.

I touched his nape at ikinagulantang kong makita ang kamay ko na balot na balot ng dugo niya.

I tried to see it and saw a huge glass still stabbed in his nape.

"CHRIIIIS!!!" I shouted in horror.
.
.
.
<3