Chapter 53

CHAPTER 53

CHRIS' POV

I immediately went back to the hotel after the talk I had with Ilia's Mom.

Naparakbo ko palapit kay Ilia nang madinig ko ang magkahalong iyak at ungol niya.

"Ilia!" I shook her. She gasped and sat up profusely. Her chest went up and down trying to gasp air.

"Binangungot ka.." I said in a worried tone.

Humahangos siyang yumuko, butil butil ang pawis sa noo niya.

"I dreamt of the day I gave birth to Eisen... It felt so real again. It felt so painful... Chris..."  She is still in a hazy tone.

I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to ease that pain...

I labored for Eisen for hours that it was almost a day. Ang sakit sakit... Parang lahat ng buto sa buong katawan ko nababasag kahit hindi ako gumagalaw. I was stopping myself from crying... Thinking wala yon kumpara sa sakit ng ginawa ko sayo...

Ilia...

"But... B-but I wished you were there. Kahit galit ka basta hawakan mo lang ang kamay ko..." Nangungusap ang mga mata niya. Nakadama ako ng matinding pagsisisi. If I had known, she wouldn't have to undergo without me.

Humikbi siya at parang nadurog ang puso ko lalo.

"I... I thought I'd die... They almost put me to an emergency CS.

Takot na takot akong makatulog during the birth cause that might put Eisen in danger..."

Panay ang pagpatak ng luha naming dalawa. I could already envision her pain.

"T-tapos... Akala ko.. Akala ko mamamatay na ko.. God, Chris... I imagined that you were there...

Holding my hand...

Telling me to be strong.

Just before I passed out after giving birth I heard Eisen cry.." She smiled with those teary eyes.

I took her hand and kissed it.

"Thank you..." I muttered almost breathlessly. "Thank you... Ilia.. I cannot thank you enough for giving birth to our son... I'm sorry I wasn't there."

She shook her head and wiped my cheeks wet with tears.

"Ang mahalaga nandito ka na ulit... Nahahawakan kita." Muli siyang ngumiti... "I can't believe how near you are to me right now. Mahal na mahal kita Chris... Akala ko pag lumayo ako sayo hindi ka na mahihirapan... Patawarin mo ko..."

"Hush... It's in the past now." I kissed her hand and her forehead.

"D-Do you...No... I shouldn't ask, I'm sorr--"

"Yes, I still love you, Ilia Montero. And I still want you to be my Mrs. Santidad." I smiled and lowered my face to kiss her before she could react.

She opened her mouth and let me in. Her hands slowly snaked at my nape and at my back until her hand attempted to slip inside my pants. I froze and swallowed hard.

"Ilia... Maybe not now... You're drunk" Awat ko sa kamay niya.

"Hmm.. Please Chris.. Pag nalasing ka pagbibigyan naman kita... Hmm I wanna feel you now..." She showered me with kisses.

God, my inhibitions immediately died when she reached out to kiss my neck.

This woman is both my strength and weakness.

Wag tayong maingay baka magising si Eisen I wouldn't know how to explain it.

She chuckled at my condition.