Chapter 40

CHRIS' POV

Nasa Family Dinner ako ngayon, I didn't have time to change so I am still in my lawyer barong. I mustered all ths courage to come to here. It's the first time I have faced my clan in a family event like this after what happened.

I came in to the room and the atmosphere immediately changed.

Lumipad sakin lahat ang tingin nila.

I filled my lungs with air.

Years passed by.

After a year and removal to office nabawi ni Lance ang kalahati ng lugi ng conglomerate. I was at a sabbatical leave for 3 months after what happened.

Pag balik ko sa opisina, Ilia was a weapon against me. A womanizer. An indecent man. A fool who lost half of his wealth over a gold digging wife and a paid topnotcher mistress...

IT WAS SO EASY FOR PEOPLE TO JUDGE.

WITHOUT KNOWING.

After a year I have decided to file a case against Dion for all the money she embezzled.

The table has turned.

I am not the gentle Chris who always says 'It's omay. I'll let it pass.' I'M NOT LETTING IT PASS.

Ang Andrada naman ang nalagay sa malaking eskandalo. Under the table, I went to meet the judges of the case. We happened to be in the same fraternity during Law School.

Limang besea ang ginawa nilang penalty kay Dion. She was proven to have embezzled 5.7Billion pesos to my personal account and some from my sole companies.

Lara huwag makulong, nakipag areglo ang pamilya nila na magbayad sakin ng triple ng halaga ng ninakaw niya sakin.

I also demanded a public apology from her to clean the Santidad's name and... And Ilia's name.

Her accusations about her fake topnotch position. I want her to admit in public we were only married by arrangement and NEVER loved each other.

Naging maugong ang press release na iyon. The stocks went back up somehow. I regained investors' trust again.

I settled at 17.4 Billion and had the 2/3 reinvested in the conglomerate as I try to make things right again.

My whole clan is right before me after not seeing mdt for a long time.

I felt like a powerless kid again. I bowed then and sincerely said my apologies.

"I'm sorry. I messed up."

Agad na lumapit sakin ang mga pinsan kong tinuring ko nang mga kapatid. Khen, Lance, Marcus, Emily immediately hugged and welcomed me.

"Pambihira. What are family for!?" Ani Lance.

Whe chuckled.

"Chris! We are so happy you're here!! Alam mo naman pag hindi kumpleto ang Magic Five, hindi na masaya!" Emily embraced me. Natawa ako.

We are always the source of fun and noise in this kinds of events. Ika nga, kaniya kaniyang generation lang yan.

When the dinner was over, we started a drink.

It has been 4years... And 3months now since that scandal.

I was finally reelected as the Chairman of the Board. That position that I have lost.

I can somehow say I am getting on my feet again.

Malakas na naman ang tawanan dahil nagsama sama na naman kaming lima.

May tama na si Lance at huminto na rin si Emily, si Khen naman ang naghatid sa dalawa sa taas.

Marcus looked at me. His hand firmly landed on my shoulder. "I'm glad you're back. I know how it felt believe me."

Yes.. He is the one I can relate the most after everything he went through.

"I have lived like a zombie for too long..

I have lived so pathetically... Trying to hide the depression she caused me.

The whole world felt like it was in my back. Araw araw I wake up go to work unhappy."

May simpatya ang tingin sakin ng pinsan ko. I smiled sadly.

Naglakad lakad kami sa labas ng hotel resort na yon para pagmasdan ang langit. Hindi pa kami lasing kaya pupunta sana kami sa bar.

"Minsan naiisip ko, I was meant to be sad. Ganto naman ako bago ko siya nakilala diba?

Pupunta sa trabaho magpapakapagod don gagawa ng maraming pera and then what? Go to bed unhappy.

Sanay akong malungkot. I don't need her." I opened to my cousin as we walk at the shore.

This is just the normal me, anyway. This is me even before she shook things up.

I'll get by. I don't need her.

I don't need ANYONE.

"Don't be too harsh on yourself, Chris. You will find someone else."

"No,man. Ayoko na. I'm done. I had enough..

Although, sometimes when I am by myself, the immense fear of growing old alone and dying unhappy eats my heart.

"I keep on thinking. Why did this have to happen... Minsan sana may anak na lang rim ako gaya mo. Something beautiful came out of this misery. Yung magbibigay sakin ng dahilan kung bakit nangyari ang mga nangyari.

Why it was all worth it. But I had none.

Not even an explanation from Ilia." I snickered. Even the sound of her name from my mouth still brings me pain.

"It's true. My daughter brought me life. But I have to admit. I don't know who her mkther is and it's difficult everytime she asks..." He heaved a sigh. "But my daughter saved me. Napaka lakas mo Chris. I would've died in that process you went through."

"The four of you were there for ms. Emily was working with blocking the media. Khen was campaigning for the Santidad despite his duties as a full pledge doctor. Ikaw ang kasama ko uminom!"

He laughed.

"Sinalo mo yung mga trabaho ko when I was too depressed to move."

"You did the same for me... When Aliyah and I..." He looked down. Magkaiba kami. I no longer want Ilia back to my life. Pero alam kong umaasa pa si Marcus na makita ang ex niya matapos silang paghiwalayin ni Jaime.

"Tell me you want to find her and I'll find her within a week." Ani ko.

"Nagka eskandalo ako non kay Francine when I broks off thd engagement. Kaya hindi ako makapag utos na maipahanap si Aliyah."

"I know. Kaya nga ako ang magpapahanap sa kaniya."

"Fuck. Chris! Please... I'm dying to know. NAsaan na siya. Ayos lang ba siya. I just need to find out she's okay. Kahit yun lang. Kahit masaya na siya sa iba. Basta malaman kong ayos siya." Nangilid ang luha niya.

"It's been so many years, yet you still love her."

"Yes. I still do. So much." He confessed.

Marcus wanted to find Salvatorre. I had decided to leave Ilia alone. That's the difference. At first I attempted to find her as well hanggang sa natauhan ako...

Na pagod na pagod na kong ubusin ang sarili ko para sa kaniya.

"Chris... Aren't you going to look for Il-"

I cut him with a stern.

"No. I already gave up on her."
.
.
.
cx_writes
💔