C H A P T E R 5 7

CHRIS' POV

That very night, my whole team of lawyers have another set of case. This time ipapakulong ko si Dion. My instructions were clear.

At first I was very apologetic to her dahil sinira ko ang kasal namin. Ang kasunduang ginawa ng mga magulang namin.

But now, it's a different story.

Loving Ilia will forever be a lesson to me.

Kung mahal mo, ipaglaban mo.

Love is not an easy thing.

It is not something that will just fall perfectly onto your lap and everything will be perfect.

There will be tears,

There will be pain,

And struggles, too.

May mga pagkakamali ang bawat isa, but in love, you should have a room for mistakes too.

It was so easy for me to give up on Ilia thinking she gave up on me in a swift way.

Hindi ko naisip na ganon din ako.

Hinigpitan ko ang pagkakayakap ko sakanya.

"Four years ago, akala ko mamamatay ako. Bumabagyo non, but it felt like all the dark clouds are not in the sky but are over my head."

Lumambot ang ekspresyon niya.

"Hindi ko sinasabi to para sumama ang loob mo. I just want you to know how I felt that day. Mahalagang madinig mo to Ilia."

She reached for my nape and caressed it. "I want to know, Chris. Tell me...Let me know." Her voice is soothing. I shut my eyes.

"Sinugod ko yung malakas na ulan non, byumahe ako papunta sa Orchard niyo. I was shouting endlessly outside your gate, thinking baka andon ka." She heaved a deep sigh. Alam kong nasasaktan siya sa mga sinasabi ko.

Her eyes are teary again.

"Lumabas sila Carlos at iba pa para awatin ako. I begged them to show you to me."

"C-Chris... I... I'm so sor--"

"Hush... You don't have to apologize over and over again. Ilia... Ganon ako kawasak nung nawala ka. I almost die." I took her hand and kissed it. "I will die without you."

Kumalas siya sa pagkakayakap ko atsaka ako tinignan ng diretso.

"My love..

I wish I was there that night....I'm so sorry." Kinuha niya ang kamay ko at hinalikan rin iyon.

Ilia...

"Chris... I will stay with you foreverfrom now on. I will love you and respect you and will be there for you always. Dahil mahal na mahal kita."

She reached to kiss me and I answered her with the same passion.

"Chris..."

"Hmm?"

"Let me worship you."

My eyes grew at what she said. Natawa siya sa reaksyon kaya natawa na rin ako.

"Please do, my queen." I smiled as she bite her lips with a naughty glance at me.

I chuckled.

"Tsk. Be serious. I'm trying to be sexy here!" Pagmamaktol niya. That's when I cracked into a loud laughter.

Nakatikim na naman ako ng hampas sa dibdib.

"I hate you!"

"I love you." I smiled and gave her a quick peck on the nose.