Chapter Twenty-Four: Demons

The relaxing managed to carry me into a sleep. Except it probably only lasted a few minutes because I wake up to Teen Gwen's face in mine.

She stretches her smile cheek to cheek. "Up so soon?"

I sit up, stretching out my back and licking my dry lips. "Yep."

The one thing that keeps me from losing it on her is realizing that she only lasts for a few minutes.

I stand up and try to carry on with my normal routine in a strange house. Yet, I slowly become lost. I walk through corridors and hallways, struggling to find a freaking kitchen.

Teen Gwen follows me, throwing jabs every few moments.

Finally, after about an hour of trenching through, I locate the kitchen and everyone else.

They sit at the table, eating a hearty breakfast of eggs and bacon. I look at the food, then back to them, then back at the food, and again at them.

"None of you could have woken me?"

"We wanted you to rest!" April smiles, offering a cup of coffee.

I scoff, "Well thanks! I had to navigate this place with this thing behind me!" I point to myself, her arms are crossed and shes popping her knee.

The group stares at where I pointed, obviously not seeing what I can.

"I forgot, you guys can't see her." My voice is low, obviously I can't give a second thought about anything at this point.

Loki looks to me. "See who?"

"Myself. The little girl from SHIELD. Shes been tormenting me ever since I got here. I wanted to keep it to myself," I throw a glare at Teen Gwen, "but you know what you've all seen my deepest darkest secrets so why the heck not."

They all stare, a little at me and a little past me. "Is that who's been bothering you?" Doctor Strange asks me.

I simply nod.

I go to make myself a bowl of cereal, little me sitting on the counter. She does nothing but sit with her arms crossed, eyeing my every move.

I remember how I was at that age. When SHIELD workers would come in and do experiments on me, I would mess with their heads with my sarcastic mouth. It would basically cause them to doubt what they were doing.

Now I see how much of a messed up move that was.

Cereal first, then milk, the normal way to do it. My father would put the milk in first then the cereal. I would yell at him to fix it because in my head "thats weird daddy!"

"Thinkin about your dad, huh?" She says, still watching me as I cross the kitchen. "You ruined his life you know."

I choose to ignore her, she goes away eventually.

The group continues their breakfast, talking amongst themselves.

"You haven't won," Gwendolyn says, standing up to get closer to me, "he has you right where he wants you."

I keep telling myself to just ignore her.

"He's going to have you like your mom" she smirks, "dead."

"Okay thats it!" I scream. I wind up a ball of black fire to send her way but she vanishes to avoid it.

I guess the enchantment wore off cause I'm ready to kill this thing.

"Gwen!" Stephen yells, throwing his chair back to grab me.

The group runs toward me, hands out to hold me down.