Mid-Credits Scene

SURPRISE ~Sweets & Peaches

•••

I sit on a high stool, watching him. He swiftly walks around his lair, grabbing tools to help him. I hear him grunt and growl, figuring out what goes right and wrong.

"Having fun?" I smile to him, knowing he is most definitely not having fun.

He shoots a deathly look back to me. "Very humorous."

I've been here for almost an hour, just watching him struggle with this contraption.

"Listen, I'm gonna order some pizza cause this is taking for-" As if on cue, a blast of yellow emerges from the machine. And then I see it.

A beautiful city made of gold, filled with lush plants paint the screen. The sky is a violet hue, hitting the gold plates delicately.

"Finally!" Loki throws his tools in the air, "I've done it!"

I walk up to him, wind blowing my hair back. "What is it?"

"Our way home."

"Our?"

Loki turns to me, holding my hands in his. "Yes Gwen. This is Asgard, my home."

I shake my head, processing the words he is saying. "Why did you make this?"

The light shines on his face, heightening every structure. "My brother believes I am dead. My father will not be king for much longer. Asgard will need a ruler, and I am ready."

"So you're leaving?!" I am forced to yell, the wind is becoming too strong.

"Come with me. I can show you so many wonderful things." He smiles to me, and for a moment I see a glimpse of hope in his eyes. I see a fragment of what could be.

"I can't," I spit out, "I have April, and someone has to keep the cockroaches out of the lair.

His expression deflates. "Are you sure?"

"Positive."

He drops my hands, and looks into the portal. "Very well. I will be back for you."

"Do you promise?"

"A Midgardian Pinkie Promise." He places his forehead against mine. "Goodbye Gwendolyn Porter, we shall see each other again soon."

I watch him vanish before my eyes. The wind stops, everything returns to normal. His machine puttering to a stop.

He leaves me with an aching feeling in my heart. He's been with me for so long and now he's just- gone.

"You better, Odison."