Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Amara P.O.V

" Right this way Ms. Samuels." The officer from earlier escorted me inside of the morgue. He never left my side and consoled me the entire time. Since the body that was found in my home was burned so badly the face with unrecognizable. The doctor inside of the morgue led me to an computer that will confirm the dental records of the charred body.

Usually being in places like this would freak me out but since we got here I've been completely distraught. I looked to my right side and saw a body laying on the table covered by a blanket. My body begins to shake as I thought of it being Josh laying there. I guess the officer noticed my discomfort as he lightly me squeezed my hand and gave me a slight smile.

"Stay strong Ms. Samuels" he whispered to me. I gave him a reassuring smile as I anxiously awaited for the doctor to tell me the results. The doctor brought up a x-ray picture of teeth on the computer screen and my heart fell to my stomach. I knew for a fact that the body laying 10 feet away from me was surely my beloved.

"It looks like out John Doe here is indeed Joshua Marshaun Adams."

Five Days Later*

"Amara can you please open up, we're going to be late."

I heard my best friend Tamia say from behind the bedroom door. I continued to stare blankly at the wall. today was Josh's funeral and I refused to go. I wasn't going to believe that my first love is actually gone.... I just couldn't. I heard more harder knocks coming from the door.

" Amara! Girl I know you're upset but I'm not about to let you sit in there in drownin your own misery. Now open up this damn door." My cousin Brianna pounded harder on the door. I would usually be upset about her insensitivity but I know that she only has my best interest at heart as always. I drug my body towards the door and cracked it open to reveal a sympathetic to Tamia and a annoyed Brianna.

"Girl finally, I thought I was going to have to bust up in here and drag you out." I rolled my eyes at her bluntness and sat back down in the same position I left off in.

"Sorry to tell you guys that I am NOT going." I put a blanket over my body and through the pillow over my head. Tamia sat down next to me and began to rub my back.

" We won't force you if you don't want to go. We support you either way. Tamia said as she layed down next to me.

" Speak for yourself Mia." I heard Brianna rumbling through my case. "You're going to the funeral. This man dedicated his entire life to you and this is how you going to repay him? By laying around feeling sorry for yourself? Nah! I cant let my cousin go out like that." I felt things being thrown on top of me that they were clothes. "Now get up and get ready for the funeral it starts in 30 minutes." I heard the door close.

"Ugh your cousin is such an heartless bitch." Tamia spat as she followed Brianna out the room.

45 mins Later*

"See Amara, now were late."

"Can you not be such a bitch right now? She's hurting stop being so damn demanding and leave her alone!" Bri and I turned our attention to Tamia shocked that she stood up to Bri. The rest of the ride was silent after Mia's blow up. We finally pulled up to the church and my nerves started to take over.

"Guys I don't think I can do this." My eyes started to sting as I fought back the tears.

"We're here with you Mara .. You don't have to go through this alone." I wiped a few fallen tears and grabbed both Mia and Bri's hands.

"Your right and thank you both so much for being here for me. Now I have to be strong for his mom I know she's going through it. I tried calling her so many times but she wouldn't answer."

"Well I know she's not taking it any better than you are so let's just go in and pay our respects to him and his family."

We walked into the church and there was not a dry eye in the house. Josh was such a sweet and kind person everyone loved him. Bri and Tamia grabbed my hands and we walked towards the casket. I stopped in my tracks when I saw the life size portrait of him. His smile was so bright and joyful. The casket was closed since the body couldn't be recognized.

I couldn't take it anymore.. I broke down. My friends held onto my body as the walked me towards the front of the room where Josh's family were seated. I spotted his mom and made my way towards her with open arms. I was stunned when I felt a sharp slap to the right side of my face.

"Why are you here?! YOU DID THIS! YOU KILLED MY BABY YOU UGREATFUL LITTLE BITCH! I KNEW YOU WERE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE! J-JUST JUST GO! LEAVE! YOUR NOT WELCOMED HERE!"

I stood there in disbelief as embarrassment and confusion took over me. Tears quickly escaped from my eys as I stormed out of the church with Brianna and Tamia right behind me. I can't believe this shit I knew I shouldn't have come.

When we got back to Tamia's I raced upstairs to the guest room and locked myself inside.

********

"Amara baby, wake up." I felt someone shake me as my eyes opened slowly. I blinked a fee times as my eyes adjusted to the light. I looked around the room and I was back in my bedroom in me and Josh's home.

"Baby you Okay?" He softly smiled at me.

"Josh?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yeah bae, who else would it be?" He chuckled.

Was I only dreaming? But it felt so real.

*******

Feedback? Comments ..

What do you think about Brianna? Tamia?

Josh's back? Hmmm...