Chapter 24 Part 2

August

I slid my thumb over the contact name and watched as the phone rang.  I hesitantly put the phone up to my ear. With each ring my heart rate sped up faster. Even though he killed my brother, I know that hes the only person that Amara trusts. In due time, Rico WILL pay for what he did!

“Yo?” He answered. I swallowed my pride and took a deep breath.

“Aye man look, I need your help.”

“Oookay?” He asked confused.

“Amara needs help.” I confessed.

“Im on my way.” He hung up the phone. I pulled the phone away from my ear and examined the screen. This nigga really just hung up in my face.

I hopped into my cruiser and turned on my laptop. I began to search for Dr. Fisher, he helped Amara before im sure he can do it again. After about 15 minutes of searching I finally came across a Dr. Ian Fisher whom is located on the far east side of Chicago. I quickly took down the information and sped towards Amara’s place. When I got there Rico and I were pulling up at the same time. When he saw me he immediately got out of his car and approached me.

“Man what the hell is going on? What’s wrong with Amara?” I shook my head at him.

“You mean Ericka.” He gave me a puzzled look. “Her real name is Ericka, Amara Is like some type of alter ego or some shit man I don’t know.” I tried my best to explain the situation to him.

“What in the actual Fuck are you talking about?”

“Just read this.” I handed him the letter that Bri wrote to me. As he read the note his eyes became wide with every sentence.

“So are you trying to tell me she’s crazy?” He asked me in disbelief.

“Man I don’t know what she is but we need to go find out before she hurts anyone else.” He agreed and we made our way up to her condo. Rico pulled out his key to open the front door. I saw the bags that she packed by the front door.

“Amara?” I called out to her but got nothing. I walked into her bedroom to see that it was empty.

“I cant find her anywhere” Rico said while walking into the bedroom.

I stood there to collect my thoughts and then it hit me. .Kyra.

“Look take this and go to talk to this Fisher nigga and get as much information out of him as you can.” I handed him the piece of paper with the address on it and a small unloaded hand gun. I didn’t need to ask if he knew how to use it.. we all know he’s had experience.

“And what you gon do?” Rico asked me.

“I got to go check on my wife.” I hurriedly walk out of the bedroom and out of the house.

Rico

Ive been driving around in the same area for about 2 hours looking for the address that August gave to me. My gps kept telling me that I reached my destination but the numbers on the buildings were different.  I was about to give up until I saw a middle aged white man come out of one of the buildings.

“Excuse me do you know if a Dr. Fisher works here?” I called out to him.

“Yeah, Im Dr. Fisher.” He gave me a small smile. “Do you have an appointment?”

“Yeah something like that.” I quickly parked my car and jumped out. “ I just needed to talk to you about some things.” I told him and he nodded.

“Well follow me, I was just heading home for the day but I guess I can take one more patient.” He lead me into the building. We walked into his office and it felt very cozy I almost forgot why I came here. “Now tell me what seems to be the problem, Mr…?”