Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Rico P.O.V

I pulled up to Amara's house and all of the lights were off. I saw August's car in the driveway and my confusion returned. I got out of my car and made my way to the front door. Before i could knock, the door flew open and August brushed past me quickly. His head hung low and didnt look at me not once.

"Rico? How long have you been here?" Amara asked. I turned my attention to her and rubbed the back of my neck.

"I just got here. I went down to the station thinking you were there but now i see that your not. What was all of that about?" She stepped aside to let me in and we headed to the living room, plopping down on the sofa.

"Well August basically put on a act just to shut his wife up." I nodded my head as her story  settled in my head. "Sorry I didnt call.. August and I were.....um talking."

"Its cool ma, as long as your okay." I caressed the side of her and She smiled at me lightly.

" You were really going to bail me out eveb though we've been talking a couple of weeks?"

"Of course.. Im really feeling you Amara and hopefully one day we can grow as one."

August P.O.V

What. The. Fuck. Did. I. Just. Do?  I cant believe i just cheated on Ky!  I honestly dont know why i did it i dont have an excuse. It was like it was meant to happen. And what makes it worse, Kyra never crossed my mind. It was like Amara was the one i was married too and i just wanted to give her all of my love.

I dont know if it was a sign from the big man upstairs or what because the only reason why our session was cut short was because we heard a car door slam outside. We hurriedly put our clothes on and straightened up the bed. I flew down the stairs and attempted to run out the door. When i opened the door someone was standing there but i didnt get a good look at the person because i held my head down in embarrassment.

I hopped in my car and headed home. This is my vow to myself.. I am done with Amara. I cant lose my family over one night of pleasure. When i got home Kyra was in bed. I decided to take a shower before i got into bed just incase she smelled Amara's scent on me. I did my hygiene thing and put on some basketball shorts. I slid into bed careful not to wake her.

"Is she in jail?"

"Yeah babe, but theres a possibility that she can make bail." I lied.

"Well Make sure she doesnt August."

"i'll try bae..now get some sleep." I quietly said a prayer in my head that Kyra and Amara never cross paths again.

  - ------------

  Just a quick chapter ☺