Chapter 6

Amara P.O.V

I opened my eyes to an empty room. I knew that August left late last night because i felt him slowly creep out of the bed trying not to wake me but after my fight with Josh I had awaken. Josh had the nerve to get upset with me because August was there holding me but he wouldn't tell more about this Taylor person. I really wished he was alive so i could beat his ass foreal because I am furious. But i decided that im done crying and being upset. I still loved Josh with all of me and i still have a dedication to him by finding his killer.

"Amara you awake?" I heard Tamia knock on the door.

"Yeah come in." I said softly.

"Hey girl, how you feeling?" she said with the brightest smile and sitting down on the end of the bed.

"Im feeling alot better and i just wanted to say thank you for letting me stay here i promise as soon as i get the cover for king im outta here i just need the money first."

"No that's what best friends are for your welcomed to stay here for as long as you need Amara."

My cell buzzed on the night stand. When i opened it i had 8 text messages from my agent Nathan. He has been pressuring me for the past week to do shoots and local interviews but i refused because i was still hurting. I ignored the messages and checked the one that i got from Brianna saying that she was downstairs and to open the door. Before i could tell Tamia to go open the front door Brianna burst the door.

"You hoes take too long, don't yall know that every burglar checks under the matt for the spare key yall need a new hiding spot." Bri said while plopping down on the bed beside me.

"Hello to you too Bri" Tamia said while rolling her eyes. I swear these two were like night and day.

"Tamia" Bri said with the same tone that mia gave her. "So anyways, Cousin how you feeling?"

"Im okay, but since both of you are here i have to tell you guys something." They gave me their full attention. "Josh was cheating on me." i said with a blank stare.

"Aw hell naw! And why are we just sitting here we need to go find that bitch!" Bri jumped up and started to tie her hair up in a bun.

"What, wait.. How do you know for sure?" Tamia asked.

"Because i just know Mia." i was becoming frustrated because i knew i couldnt explain where i got my information from without being judged.

"So do you know who she is?"

"Somebody named Taylor Duncan."

August P.O.V

I made it home last night before Kyra made it home. Thank god.. I mean Amara a cool girl but nothing happened.Besides shes not my type anyway, i could never do anything to jeopardize my family. By the time Kyra got home i was sound asleep but i felt her body press up against mine as she intertwined her smile fingers on between mine.

The next morning when i got to work i had to do my first shift on desk duty so I decided to do a little research. I know i dont know Amara from a can of paint but i promised my pops that i would help her anyway that i could. I looked up the name Taylor Duncan and only 5 lived in Chicago and 3 lived in the outter suburbs. I narrowed them down to three. I had to give this information to Amara. i know i shouldnt be doing this but she needs some closure.

Instead of going to the local restaurants for brake, i decided to go vist Amara. I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer.

"Hi, can i help you with something officer?" A short light skinned girl came to door.

"Uh yes, im here to see Amara.. Is she here?"

"Yea she is let me go grab her for you." She disappeared up the steps. A few minutes later Amara came down stairs.

"Hey August what you doing here?"

"I have some information for you" i handed her a manila folder. "Look i have to go back to work but i might stop by later to check on you." she nodded her head and i headed out the door on my way back to work.

Amara P.O.V

I called Bri and Mia down stairs as i opened up the folder thst August gave to me. When i opened it i saw 3 packets on the Alias Taylor Duncan.

"Whats going on?"

"I think i found her"

"Who?" They asked in unison.

"Taylor Duncan"

"Aw hell yeah lets go find this hoe." For the first time since we were kids i agreed with Briannna. I need answers now! We piled into Brianna car and headed to the first location.

"Yall sure this it?" Tamia said as we pulled up infront of a Elementary school.

"Its a possibility, lets go see." We jumped out of the car and headed inside. We walked to the first desk.

"How may i help you ladies?" the bubbley receptionist asked.

"Does Taylor Duncan work here?" Brianna blurted out.

"Um no she doesn't, Mrs. Duncan retired a month ago."

"Thank you for your time." We left feeling defeated.

"On to the next one" Bri announced.

The next house that we went to was abandoned and the last place that was on the list was The Hidden Kitty. I doubt that he cheated on me with a stripper but it never hurts to try. When we got there the atmosphere seemed a little off to me. It was early in the day but there was still a decent crowd. We walked over to the bartender to see if she knew Taylor. Her makeup was so heavy and dramatic it made me cringe a little bit.

"What can i get you gals?"

"Taylor Duncan.." she looked at us side ways.

"oh yall talking about Mermaid Monroe.. She should be in here dressing room getting dressed. This is her last show so enjoy." she said with a wink and a smile.

We walked away towards the direction of the dressing rooms.

"is it just me or was her voice kinda deep?" I asked the girls and they shrugged. When we got to the back we came to a door the said 'The Hidden Kitty's own Ariel Mermaid Monroe'. Brianna didnt waste any time on knocking she burst through the door. When we walked in there was a man sitting there applying makeup.

"Oh im sorry, we were looking for Taylor Duncan."

"Well you found him.. Im Taylor Marcus Duncan. What can i do for you?"

"Wait your Taylor?" I asked and he nodded his head. "Oh this cant be right i think we go the wrong person so we will be going."

"Oh no girl its fine, you know what why dont you girls stay and enjoy the show this will be my last show." he said putting on his gorgeous wig.

"Okay, why not" The girls agreed and thanked him... Her.. It.. hell idk.

"Oh its no problem at all.. Thanks for stopping by you know ive been real lonely since my boyfriend Josh died last week. I just been feeling real empty inside." Tamia and I looked at eachother in shock.

"Aw hell nah bitch!" Bri charged towards Taylor.

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/28wfrbr.jpg[/IMG]

*********

To be continued..

COMMENTS!

I never said Taylor was a woman lol opps