Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Amara

I couldn't believe everything that Rico told me. I mean yeah i know that everyone has a past but i didnt know that he had actually killed someone. Like i promised him i wont say a word to anyone because the last thing i need is for my bestfriend to be locked up. I begged Rico to stay the night in one of my guest rooms because he was so zoned out but he refused. He left about an hour ago and i must say that i pray to God Renna gives him his space or he might snap.

August should be home soon so i decided to get dressed for our big date tonight. He's taking me out for dinner tonight and i cant wait to tell him my big news. I got dressed and patiently waited for Aug to arrive. I looked at the time on my phone and it was 30 minutes past the time that August was supposed to be here. I felt my eyes grow heavy and i fell into a slight slumber.

"Amara?" My eyes fluttered open as Josh stood before me.

"Ughh. What now Josh?"

"You're straying away from the task at hand..do you even care anymore?"

"To be honest Josh.. NO i dont. Its been months and i cant find anything! What do you want me to do?  Huh?  Im only one person." Josh stood there and shook his head.

"You know what Amara ..i thought you were strong enough to handle this but i see now that you're NOT! tskkk Ima let you go back to yo little love triangle but dont say i didnt warn you.. You better watch your back."

"AMARA!" The door slamming startled me out of my sleep before i could respond to Josh.

"Why are you yelling?" I watched August as he came into the living room and into the closet pulling out a suitcase.

"Baby go pack your stuff.." I stood there looking at him without a word. His eyes were blood shot and his chest heaved up and down.

"August what are you doi-"

"NOW AMARA!" He growled at me. I did what i was told and quickly moved towards the bedroom with him right on my heels. I went into the closet and quickly threw things into my Louis Vuitton duffle bag. After I finished August grabbed my arm and we quickly made our way to the car.

I had no idea where we were going and i was honestly afraid to ask. I watched as he put an address into the in car gps system and my heart almost dropped.

"NEW ORLEANS? Why are we going to New Orleans?!?!" He ignored my question as he sped down the semi busy streets. "August!" No answer. "AUGUST!"

"STFU AMARA DAMN I NEED TO THINK RIGHT NOW!" I shut up and sat back in my seat.  My attitude was definitely on Kanye at this point.

20 minutes had gone past as we headed towards the high way. Aug's phone rang and Kyra's name and photo popped up on the screen of the radio. I rolled my eyes not wanting to hear them argue right now but to my surprise he sent it straight to voicemail. I slightly smiled and mentally taunted her. She called 3 more times and it seemed as August was getting annoyed so he finallh answered.

"WHAT KY DAMN?!"

I couldn't hear her on the other line but from his facial expression i knew something was wrong.

"Iight im on my way!" He hung up the phone and made a sharp U-turn.

"Is everything Okay?" I asked as i clutched my seat belt.

"Ky's in labor" He smiled slightly.

Rico

After I left Amara's house I didn't even feel like going home. I pulled up to the house that i vowed to never come back to. My foster home. I was still in touch with my foster mom and i loved her like she was my mother. But her husband at the time made my time here a living hell.