Chapter 5

Chapter 5

August P.O.V

"What's going on son, how was your first day?" My father said through the phone. I sighed hard before I vented about my first day on the job.

"It was alright I guess."

"Just alright? Come on tell me what happened. My dad pressured.

"For starters they had me on desk duty for majority of the day, the only time I get to leave out was for break and that lasted 30 minutes. Like for real I'm a grown ass man with a huge appetite I need more than just 30 damn minutes pops. I heard my dad chuckle through the phone.

"So u think u got it bad huh?" he challenged.

"Oh yeah I do, i didnt do 6 months at the police academy to be sorting out papers. I need some action and on top of that some crazy chick came to the station looking for you."

"Oh ? Did she leave a name?"

"Yeah I think it was Amira or Amara or something like that."

"Oh yeah Ms. Samuels." He said surely.

"Yeah she came in here all frantic searching for you but when I tried to help her she went from 0 to 100 real quick." My father sighed hard and over the years I quickly knew that he was shaking his head on the other side.

"She's not crazy, she's just going thru a lot right now she lost her boyfriend and her home in a fire last week."

"I mean that's messed up but that doesn't give her the right to catch a attitude with me though."

"August she's grieving right now. Maybe she just needs a friend right now.... I got an idea maybe you should go check on her."

"Oh hell no no way pops that girl is evil!"

"You only met her once Aug."

"And that's what makes it worse."

Just please do This one thing for me while I'm away and in the morning I will call captain Phillips to release you from desk duty."I thought hard about it I finally gave in.

"Fine but if she starts bitching at me,  im out!"

"That's fine she's just lost right now from talking to her you can see in your eyes that something is cutting her real deep.  Just stop by to make sure she's okay maybe like every other day." Before I could protest about checking on her every other day my other line beeped.

"Hey dad I have to go Kyra is on the other line."

"Alright talk to you later son and tell my daughter in law that I said hello."

"Will do, tell mom I love her talk to you later." I clicked over to the other line to my wife Kyra.

"Hello beautiful." I said with the biggest smile.

"Damn, took you long enough." she giggled.

"Yeah my bad I was on the other line with my dad."

"Oh okay, how are your parents doing dealing with the death of their childhood friend?"

"Dad is doing fine but my mom is still a little distraught. But enough with all this sad shit.. when are you in my daughter coming home?"

"We'll be home a little later I have to work a double shift tonight."

I sighed hard and ran my hand down my face. Kyra is 7 months pregnant with our daughter Bella. She's a nurse at the Mount Sinai Hospital. Living and working in Chicago the murder capital, she's always working two shifts. I beg her all the time to take a break so she wont stress the baby out but she's so stubborn.