fifteen : being tested by a ruthless examiner

tyler woke up that saturday morning and he actually felt good about himself, excited, alive. he took a shower and took care of himself, walking downstairs with cheetah to the kitchen, purposely ignoring the kitchen sink as he reached for her can of smelly cat food in the cupboard.

whistling happily as he bent down to pour the food into her plate. she mewled softly and bent to eat her food, rubbing her furry skin against the leg of tyler's trouser.

"someone's happy" tyler flinched when he heard max's voice from behind him. his brother was dressed in only sweatpants and his hair was ruffled, an indication of just waking up.

"yeah" tyler bit his lower lip, leaning on the counter and wondering where josh'll take him today. will they go to the cliff again? because tyler wouldn't mind.

"how was last night?" max asked, pouring himself a glass of water.

"good. we spoke, alot" that was the only thing tyler was letting slip, not because he wasn't excited enough to talk about it but because he didn't know how.

"well that's great. maddie's out, by the way. cooking classes and i'll be going out soon too so just, if you're going anywhere, don't forget to lock the door" max reminded, tilting his cup at tyler and leaving the kitchen.

tyler smiled to himself and sat down on the floor next to cheetah, watching her eat her food. he actually put effort into his dressing and he couldn't wait for josh to come over and pick him up.

he waited a while just tapping away on his phone before he decided to watch tv. australia's deadliest on national geographic was on and it looked interesting.

he changed from a sitting position on the couch to a lying one and he watched tv until max left and until madison came back and until he eventually fell asleep into the evening and he realised, josh never showed.