First step of Operation Anti-Akatsuki

So the most embarrassing thing happened after the whole 'talk' thing. Apparently, crying and confessing everything had tired me out (crying several times in a short amount of time is tiring dammit!), and I ended up passing out up on the roof. So Kiba had to carry me out of the school and to his car, and I don't care what he says, I am not 'light like a fairy'! So don't listen to him!

Anyway. I woke up with puffy red eyes and genuinely feeling tired, despite the calming feeling in my chest saying that things were looking good. I mean, I did say that I just needed a way out of the Akatsuki, and then I'd be fine. I never really imagined it'd go like this, but I'll take what I can get.

Pops was in his overprotecting mood this morning, insisting on driving me to school, and ordering I go straight home with him, otherwise I'll be grounded for life. Which sounds weird cause I've never been grounded before, not even threatened, Pops has always been slack on curfews.

It felt weird walking in school. Everyone was acting as they did yesterday, but it felt like everything should be different. I haven't even been with the Akatsuki for that long, a week only, but it feels like it has been centuries. Now that things have changed, I feel like everything should change too. But I guess the world doesn't revolve around me, so I can't expect everyone to get affected by my life.

I was surprised to see Naruto waiting at my locker. He was leaning against it, frowning at his shoes. I hate that this week has forced him to be so serious and gloomy.

He looked up when I came over, nodded at me and stepped to the side so I could get to my locker. I eyed him warily, kind of waiting for him to start preaching again, seems like he always does when he's like this, but got out my books anyway.

I finished, and just stood there, staring at Naruto, waiting for the explanation as for why he was at my locker. He said nothing though, just staring at me. I blinked. He continued frowning, looking deep in thought, and unlike usual, I couldn't read the cloudy look in his blue eyes.

"Why didn't you just tell us?" He at last asked. If course the question made me uncomfortable, so I looked away. Can you blame me? A question that required that I opened up, doubled with my big confession yesterday is too much for me to handle right now. I need time to recollect.

"Can we talk at lunch? I would prefer to get this shit over with at once, instead of having to repeat it too much" I said, playing it cool. Naruto nodded once and then walked off. I too went to class. Homeroom. Fun story, recently Tsunade found out she had mistaken homeroom for something else, probably due to either being wasted or hungover, and therefore just corrected her mistake. Apparently she's new, this is her second year. Never knew, oh well point is, homeroom is not for homework but for announcements, registration and other stuff. But you could do your homework if you wanted too.

I dumped my stuff next to Shikamaru, late because of Naruto, thanks a bunch, and I've been such a good student lately, getting to class on time once in awhile and stuff. Honor student right here.

"What a drag." Guess who! sighed. "Good morning to you too" I said sarcastically. "Do you know how much extra work you've caused me?" I rose an eyebrow, "What the hell? What did I do?" I asked, slightly offended.

He sighed. "Everybody's fuzzing over whether to accept you back in the group or not." He slumped, "Such a drag." I fidgeted. "Oh." I looked around, "I guess Kiba told you everything?" I looked down at the table. I could feel Shika directing a bored gaze to me. "Yes, half of the group seems to accept it as a good excuse, and the rest is unsure if they can trust you. I think Gaara's still pissed about the Biju though?"

I sank, "O-oh? And you?" I fidgeted even more. A pissed Gaara is bad news. Very bad news. I just know, I can feel it. "You're a drag-" I felt my hopes sink, damn I'd hoped that with Shika on my side I could get some awesome plans for getting the Shikaku back, "But I guess I can tolerate you"