Chapter47

“Sira, get up,” Olivia said to me.

It was Friday, and, true to my word, I had sailed through my physical therapy. Today was the day of my wedding.

“What time is it?” I asked, from one of the guest beds. Christian had spent the night at home, while I stayed over Owen’s house, because it was bad luck to see the bride before the wedding.

“6:00,” Jazmyne said, standing in the doorway in her silk robe. “Time to get up so that we can get you ready.”

I climbed out of the bed, and before I had time to make it, Isabella, Jazmyne, and Olivia dragged me out of the room.

I was pushed into a chair, and instantly, Ari and Isabella started on my hair. Olivia and Jazmyne wasted no time with my makeup. Irice and drew up a bucket of water and pulled out row after row of nail polish, preparing to give me a pedicure.

“So, are you excited?” Jazmyne asked me, finally. I closed my eyes as she lightly traced my eyes with the black eyeliner.

“Scared, I’ll bet. You guys remember I almost threw up before I married Emmett? I was so stressed out. I had planned everything meticulously, from my caterers to my D.J. Then, I got sick. I was out for almost a month. That made me more stressed out. By the time my wedding day actually came around, I was 15 pounds lighter, a whole dress size smaller, and my hair was considerably thinner. I can only imagine what I looked like,” she said laughing.

“Oh please, Ollie! We all know that you looked flawless on your wedding day, so don’t try to solicit any sympathy from us. We’re not buying it,” Bells said.

“You know, it’s pretty great marrying into a huge family,” Jazmyne said.

“Why Jazzy Jam?” I asked, careful not to move my lips too much.

“Because you get to inherit a huge family. I’m an only child, so to me, having you guys as sisters is pretty much the best thing a girl could ask for,” she said.

“We love you, too, Jazzy,” Reese said. We laughed.

“I think the only good thing about my wedding was actually marrying Owen. I hated the preparation. At the time, I didn’t have anyone to help me with my hair and my makeup and my dress, and I didn’t have the sense to hire someone. I ended up in a closet refusing to come out until I had some help. Owen had to come and fetch me. I’ll never forget, he sat on the opposite side of the closet with me with a blindfold on, and asked me what was wrong. He was such a sweetheart…” she trailed off.

“I wonder what happened,” I grumbled, and instantly all of the hands stopped their work.

“He’s your eldest brother, Redhead. Be nice,” Ollie scolded me.

“I know, I know. It’s just that he acts like he’s my dad all the time. He better not forget that it was me taking care of them before I found out about all of this,” I said, angry.

“Hate doesn’t make you pretty, Red. If anything, it gives you wrinkles,” Reese said, as she painted my toes a fiery red.

“He only acts like that because he loves you. You don’t know just how frantic he was when he found out about your accident. When they told him that you might not be coming out of the coma for some years, he called me and cried. And when he found out that Christian had a hand in some of your injuries, well, let’s say it wasn’t pretty. But he does all of this because he loves you and wants you to be safe and happy. He just doesn’t grasp the fact that you’re happy with Christian,” Jazzy said, dusting my cheeks with a light blush.