Chapter46

Sira’s P.O.V.

I was floating. I’d been floating for a while now. The thing about this place, is that there’s no indication of time anywhere. No sun to set or rise, no clocks. Not even my internal clock was working.

Another thing, is that somehow my soul seemed to be the only thing about me that was floating.

‘Am I dead?’ I thought, and as I heard my thought resonate through this big empty white place, I knew that I wasn’t.

‘Then where am I?’ I thought again.

One last thing that you should probably know, is that floating is painful. I’ll drift off to one side and feel totally weightless and pain free, only to be yanked over to the other side, where pain is wracked throughout my body.

At this current time, I was just floating. All the senses that we take for granted would be extremely useful right now. I have no eyes with which to see, no ears to hear, no mouth to scream out, no body to touch with, and no nose to smell. I was vulnerable.

I just so happened to be floating on the painless side, when I heard something. At first it was too faint, but soon it became increasingly clear. I was gleeful- until I heard the conversation.

“Go away! You’ve hurt her enough, and now you want to come inside and harm her more?”

“How many times do we have to have this conversation, boy?”

The two familiar voices sounded angry.

‘Edward and Owen,’ I remembered immediately. Who could they be talking to like that?

Then an angel spoke.

“I know that I was horrible to her, but I can’t take this anymore. I want- no, I need to see her. I need to touch her to make sure she’s alright.”

It was silent and then I heard Owen say, “Look at my face, boy. Do I look like I care about what you want and need? Because if I do, I’m sorry for misleading you. Get out.”

A soft tinkling voice came from the corner. I could automatically tell that it was Kristen.

“We’re all here, Owen. We’re not gonna let anything happen to her. Just let him see her. He hasn’t seen her since the day of the accident.”

I could practically hear Owen give her a look. But then he stepped away from the door. A new set of footsteps made their way closer to me.

“She’s so beautiful,” the angel said softly, lightly running his fingers across my face.

‘Hey!’ I thought excitedly. ‘I can feel that!’

“I’m so sorry, gorgeous. I didn’t mean to. When I promised never to hurt you again, I meant it. I love you, and I know that you can beat this. Come back to me, baby. I need you,” the angel said, and a drop of water hit my neck. The angel was crying.

‘Don’t cry, angel. I’m fine, I’m right here. Can’t you see me? I’ll be back. I can’t promise when, but I’ll be back. I told you that I’d die for you, what makes you think that I wouldn’t live for you too?’ I thought to him. But he heard none of it.

Tears continued to litter the angel’s beautiful face. I couldn’t stand it anymore. I started to float towards the voice, towards the painful side.