Chapter20

Christian's P.O.V.

I don’t think that it gets much better than this. The most beautiful girl in the world says she loves me and has agreed to marry me. Nothing could ruin this. When we reached the first floor, I pulled her up against me and kissed her eagerly. I could feel her smirk. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Linda standing with someone. I was perfectly content to ignore them, and I would have if Sira had not seen them, too. She pulled away and wiped at her mouth, as if removing any evidence that suggested that my lips had been there. “Sorry,” she said embarrassed, her face turning the beautiful scarlet color I loved. Linda looked about ready to bust she was grinning so hard. “Oh, no problem,” she said. “Don’t mind us.” I was about to take her up on her offer when Sira stepped forward and extended her hand to the girl that was standing there. It didn’t click until a few seconds later that I already knew her. She went to North-East High School with me, and would be a Junior when school started. “Hi,” Sira said. “I’m Sira, Christian’s fiancé.” I saw her face frown for a split second before she fixed it and reached out to give the handshake, but the movement was probably too fast for Sira’s eyes to see. She was an immortal, too. “Hi, I’m Mikayla,” she said. “Hello, Mikayla,” I said, finally acknowledging that I knew her. I was too anxious to get back to Sira to be polite, so as I said, “Long time no see,” I wrapped my arms around Sira’s waist and leaned in for a kiss. She pushed me away, just hard enough to tell me to knock it off, but made it clear that we were going to be polite and considerate now, and pick up where we left off later. “Babe,” she said, as a warning, when I put my arms back around her waist. I didn’t move them. Mikayla could handle that much, at least. “She’s standing right here, Christian. That’s rude,” she said, pushing my arms away. I sighed. She was making it perfectly clear that we were going to wait. And by we, she meant both of us. “Sorry, I can’t help myself,” I said with a small smirk. “What can I do for you Mikayla?” I asked her. “Well, um, I was hoping to speak to you alone,” she said, glancing at Linda and Sira. They both got the hint. “Well,” Linda said. “I’ve got to see how breakfast is going and get started on the lunch menu, so if you’ll excuse me,” she said, and with a sly smile in my direction, she left. Sira looked at me and said, “I’ll see you later. I wanted to call my brother’s today and plus, your mom wants me to get some books out of the library to study. She said something about me having to learn about your history and politics. Are we still gonna try and get to my motorcycle lesson later?” she asked. “Course, wouldn’t miss it for the world,” I replied, meaning every word. I couldn’t get enough of spending time with her, she was just so special. She stretched up on her tiptoes and gave me a quick kiss. “See you later, then,” she said, then, looking at Mikayla, she said, “Nice to meet you.” “Same here,” Mikayla replied, a sweet tone in her voice that didn’t match the look on her face. With a final wave, Sira raced up the stairs to her room to call her brothers. “What can I do for you, Mikayla,” I repeated. “I wanted to talk to you about my power,” she said. “I figured that. What about it?” I asked coldly. I wanted to get back to Sira, and she was wasting my time with stupid questions. But that was the price I had to pay to be a prince. “It’s not working,” she said. It was well known around school ( to the immortals anyway ) that Mikayla’s power was to cause heart wrenching pain to anyone unfortunate enough to touch her. I knew what I had to do, and I was not looking forward to it. “Alright, go ahead. Test it,” I said. I closed my eyes and prepared myself. I could feel her getting closer to me, and I anticipated pain. So I was surprised when I didn’t feel it. She hadn’t touched me. I opened my eyes to see what the hold up was, just in time to see her lips crash against mine. My mouth fell open in shock, and within seconds her tongue was exploring my mouth, the exact place Sira’s had been not even ten minutes ago. This was wrong on so many levels. I immediately pulled back, and she smiled, obviously pleased with herself. I was shocked and disgusted. I wiped my mouth, and walk away as fast as possible without being rude, muttering a stream of colored curses. I may not know what that was all about, but I do know one thing: There was no way on Earth that I was telling Sira.