Chapter38

“Gorgeous,” a soft voice called to me.

“Hmm?” I asked the voice. It was so inviting and familiar.

“We have to leave. Our next place is almost 7 hours away, and we need to be somewhere on time. I need you to get up and get dressed, baby,” said my velvety smooth, familiar voice. I opened my eyes.

Christian stood above me, his beautiful eyes twinkling with his excitement.

I smiled.

“My dear fiancé, where are you taking me this time? We’ve already gotten wedding rings, so my guess is that you’re taking me shopping for wedding stuff. Am I right?” I asked, slowly sitting up. He smirked.

“Maybe. You’ll just have to get out of bed, get dressed, and get on the plane to find out,” he said, and disappeared next door to Drake and Mickey’s room. Reluctantly, I climbed out of bed and placed my feet on the cold, wooden floor of our hotel.

I glanced at our clock. It read 7:00 in the morning. I quietly gathered my clothes and went to take a shower.

I couldn’t resist falling asleep on the plane. Christian’s lap was so warm, andsoft. I was worried.

“Are you getting sick?” I asked sleepily. He laughed.

“I can’t get sick, gorgeous. Why?”

“You’re warm, and soft. Humanly so. Are you feeling ok?” I asked, struggling to keep my eyes open.

“I’m fine. Tired, but nevertheless, fine. Go to sleep, gorgeous, you’re making me feel like an evil tyrant,” he replied, and gently closed my eyes. I needed to further warning.

“Good morning, my sweet,” Christian said, bumping me slightly.

“AND HELLO FROM BRIGHT, SUNNY TOKYO!!” Drake shouted from across the aisle. I sat straight up.

“Come on. It’s already 3:30, and we have to be somewhere at 4:00. Thank goodness it’s only a few blocks away,” he said, popping me on his back. Drake grabbed my bags. I blew him a kiss, and kissed Christian’s neck.

“You two are God sends,” I mumbled, settling my head onto Christian’s shoulder.

“Hey! What about me?” Mickey asked, waving take-out in my very sleepy face.

“I come bearing food,” he added, playfully.

“If you save me some, I’ll consider letting you be a God send, too,” I said.

“I’ll do you one better. The whole thing’s yours. I ate mine already,” he said, kissing my forehead.

“Get some sleep, we’ll be there soon,” Christian said, and the vibrations from his voice radiated through my body.

“Talk to me, baby. Your voice helps me sleep,” I said.

Christian hadn’t even finished a full sentence before I was asleep.

“Siiirrraaa,” Drake drawled, followed closely by the sound of him being slapped on the back of the head.

“Move,” Christian said, sounding irritated.

I was suddenly placed on my feet. I blinked.