Chapter35

Sira’s P.O.V.

The mall was huge. It had three floors filled with stores, and an observatory where you could see everything through the glass windows. I was in love.

‘Speaking of love,’ Drake thought to me, ‘How’s that whole ‘I love him even though he was a hateful ass’ thing working for you?’

‘Harder than you could ever imagine,’ I replied.

‘If it’s anything like the wave of emotion I just got from that thought, I don’t think I wanna imagine it,” he thought.

“It’s worse,” I said out loud. Christian looked at me curiously, but Mickey looked sad; as if he knew what we were talking about and could feel my pain.

‘I wouldn’t wish this much pain on my worst enemy,’ I thought to no one in particular. I knew that Drake could hear me, but he didn’t comment on that one.

“Well, this is where we part,” Chris said. “I have a few things I need to get done. It’s blackout night tonight at the club, so I figured that we’d go with black and neon green as our colors, is that ok?”

Drake and Mickey agreed; he looked at me. I flipped him off and walked away, sending Drake a mental message: ‘We’ll meet up in the food court at one.’

At first, there was no real destination; I was just trying to get away from him before I started to cry again. I had rejected the ring again that morning, and the look in his eyes hurt my soul. Even now, hours later, I couldn’t stand looking at him. He thought it was because I hated him, when actually, it was because I loved him.

I loved him so much that every time he looked at me, I was in constant jeopardy of bawling, because there was always so much compassion. I went out of my way not to have to touch him, so that I could spare myself the butterflies in my stomach that stung painfully like wild bees, and I said very little to him to minimize the risk of the words ‘I love you’ coming out of my mouth of their own accord.

But as I walked by, I began to notice the stores. I kept walking until I came across a Barnes & Noble with huge posters of Edward and Bella in the windows. I had heard about them, but I had never actually read the books. I decided to go in and get the set. It would take my mind off of my own vampire troubles while we were waiting for the club to open later.

I retrieved the books, paid for them, and left. I didn’t stop again until I got to a store that caught my eye. Before I thought about it, I was already in the store picking out things that were cute. I was binge shopping.

I found a pair of neon green and black striped knee socks, a black neck tie with glow-in-the-dark skulls, and an extremely bright green headband that had ribbons attached. After a bit more looking at the accessories, I looked at the dresses.

I found a cute black dress that had a real corset top with a sassy hoop skirt. It was sleeveless with neon green pull strings in the back, short of length, and embroidered with lime green lace. I fell in love with it almost immediately. When I got to the checkout station, the cashier took one look at me, and started pulling stuff off the racks for me. This was how I ended up getting a pair of glow in the dark middle finger earrings, a bright green necklace, and a pair of neon green shoelaces with the words ‘I love you= Bullshit’ on them.

I waved goodbye to her, and stepped outside of the store. Before I walked away, I couldn’t resist glancing at the name of the store: HOT TOPIC.