Chapter18

Christian's P.O.V.
I was a little nervous about showing her the 18th floor, because that was MY place. 'What if she didn't like it? Or what if she thought it was too much? Would she think I was spoiled? Or that I was trying to buy her love?' I panicked quietly in my mind. But deep down, I had a strong feeling that she would love the 18th floor just as much as I do. I reached out and took her hand, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw her smile. That made me feel a little better about taking her there. We walked into the elevator, and she asked, "Where are we going?" She turned away from me after she said it, and I could tell that she wasn't expecting an answer. Just to prove her wrong (what can I say, I'm a competitive person), I said, "The 18th floor." She looked shocked, but content. 
From the outside, I assume I looked normal. My eyes were only slightly unfocused, as if I were thinking. My head was cocked to the side, and my lips were set into a small smile. But on the inside, I was a hot mess. My thoughts were racing at a mile a minute, my hands ached to run through my hair like I do when I'm upset, and I had to concentrate very hard so that I wouldn't frown, and let her know that something was up. I wanted this to be a complete surprise for her. I ran through a few last minute worries before the bell rang and signaled that the doors were opening. 
This was completely worth all the worries that I'd had on the way up here, because I got the pleasure of seeing her face. To say that she was surprised was an understatement. Her eyes scanned the room, taking in the sight, while her light pink lips slowly opened, revealing her straight white teeth. Her jaw dropped, and it took her a little while to notice this and close it. I chuckled silently out of relief. She would definately enjoy this room. 
It was only about 9:00 in the morning, so the sunlight streamed in the the windows that faced the east. The entire ceiling was nothing but glass, and we could see that the sky was still pink in some places, and the sun was casting a pinkish, purple hue on the clouds. I've lived here all my life and have come up here frequently, and I can say, without a doubt that I'd never seen the sky look this beautiful. It was breathtaking. 
In the middle of the room, were a few reclining chairs. I carefully led her to one of them. 
In the back of my mind, I thought back to the other day, when I'd wanted to suck her dry, and was proud of myself for resisting as well as I had. I could be near her, and her scent didn't burn my throat like it did that first day. I could hold her hand and not crush it accidently, like I'd done with many other objects around the house. My parents eventually got everything reinforced, so that it would be impossible for me to break. 
As soon as she sat down, the chair slowly reclined all the way back, so that she was staring directly that the transparent ceiling. "Watch this," I said to her quietly. I grabbed the remote off of the floor, and pushed the button that read, "TV." A television slid out of the wall and covered all of the ceiling in that room. Her eyes widened. I turned it to the music channel and put a CD in the console that was in the floor. I turned it to song number 4. Immediately, "I call it love" by Lionel Richie came out of the speakers that were set up all over the room. I carefully helped her out of the chair. 
"Sira," I started nervously. "We've been engaged for 15 years, but until two days ago, I'd never met you. I think, no, I know that I've been missing out on knowing you for the past fifteen years, and that is something I'll regret for the rest of my life, because every day that I spend with you is wonderful. When I finally did meet you, I was certain that I was the luckiest guy alive, because you are just so beautiful. You're smart, graceful, funny, independent, sweet, and kind, and you're always down to earth. When I'm around you, I find it hard to focus on anything else, and when I'm not around you, I'm in pain, because you are truly my other half and I hate to be away from you. You're the yin to my yang, or the sun to my moon. You complete me. I know that for a guy that only met you a few days ago, and who doesn't know your favorite color, or your favorite food, I'm asking for a lot, but I love you, and if you agree to marry me, then I'll treat you like the blessing you most definately are. I don't want you to think about the agreement our parents made. I want you to choose to be with me out of your free will. I want to be loved for me, not because you were forced to love me. If you agree to marry me, I promise to never take you for granted a day in your life." 
I took a deep breath, because the most important part was coming up. 
"So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, Sira, I love you. Will you marry me?"