Chapter39

“I’m leaving! See you guys in a few hours!” I called through the house on my way to Yumi’s.

“Wait!” Christian called back. He had been holed up in Mickey’s room with him and Drake all morning. He almost broke his neck trying to reach me before I left.

“What’s up?” I asked.

“You want me to go with?” he asked, kissing me softly. I giggled.

“You rushed over here just to ask me that?” I asked.

“I didn’t want you to think I didn’t care. You matter to me. I’m just trying to do better since the Mikayla incident,” he said. I nodded.

“I’m fine. I’ll see you guys in a few hours. What are you doing in there?” I asked, staring at Mickey’s closed door.

“Trying to convince Mickey to either put up or shut up. He’s up to 16 changes of heart,” he said.

“I gotta get back. I’ll see you after your fitting,” he said, kissing my cheek, and running back to the room.

I walked to Yumi’s again, because it was nice out. I took my shoes off at the door, and bowed to Yumi’s mother, before walking into the studio.

“You’re right on time! I was just about to call and see if jewels were alright with you,” Yumi said, grabbing my arm and leading me to the stool and table again.

“That sounds great. I’ll leave all the dress decorating decisions to you. I trust your judgment,” I told her.

“Great. It is just great to hear you say that, because I’m gonna need you to prove it,” she said as she went to the closet.

She reached in and pulled out a white almost dress.

I say almost, because there was no way that was a dress. It was tubular like a dress, but that was about it. I stared at her.

“I need you to trust that your dress will not look like this after I finish it tomorrow,” she said sheepishly.

“I trust you,” I said, taking the “dress” and going behind the dressing screen.

“Ow!” I cried out.

“Yeah, it’s got pins in it,” she said, leading me to the raised platform in the center of the room.

She started hemming the dress to just above my toes.

She took the waist in a little, and stitched the corset panel into the back.

“Well, unless you wanna watch me work, that’s all,” she said, helping me down.

“I’m not rushing you, but when will it be finished?” I asked excitedly, changing back into my clothes.

“I’m gonna work through the night, so it should be done at about six tomorrow,” she said.

“Thank you so much for this,” I said, hugging her. She laughed.

“Christian and I met in kindergarten here in Japan. His parents were real into traveling the world back then. We were both spanked and sent to time out, and we’ve been best friends ever since,” she said, pulling out some red cloth for my dress.