Chapter Thirty

"This is fantastic!" Ava exclaimed happily.

She, Margie, Nigel, Gretel, and I were walking down the sidewalk. We were heading to the hospital to cure Caleb.

Yup. You heard it here.

I was relieved. So were the rest of us. Ava was extremely happy. She had the red, purple, and green stones. They were what we needed to save Caleb.

What is that? You thought that Caleb was doomed? That is exactly what I thought too. But I was told otherwise by Ava.

She said that the green stone would be as good as the yellow stone. The green stone has the power of love. By itself, it would not help Caleb, but with the red and purple ones, Caleb would make it.

I felt great about that. There was no reason for Caleb to die...at all.

"Fictional characters cannot die," Ava explained to us. "Our writer has sufficient evidence. So does the Lubriem. We just...suffer until the end of times."

"Dang," Margie said. "I do not know whether I like being fictional or not."

Ava giggled softly. "Being fictional is not a bad thing. In fact, our own writer loves fictional characters. Us fictional people have class. That is why such a Lubriem exists. Somebody needs to stand up for us."

"Does anybody else not stand up for the likes of us?" Nigel demanded.

"Not the majority of real worlders. They are too focused on the real world. They do not love God." She turned to the readers. "And yes, I said the word 'God.' Offended?"

"Who are you talking to?" I asked.

"Our readers. I do not want the audience to be easily offended. Which reminds me." She held up the two pieces of paper in front of her face. "Real worlders can be Lubriems, but they must be true Christians and believe that fictional characters are real. Getting married or being married is illegal in Forlot. You cannot use any form of social media in this town. Real worlders are not allowed in Forlot...unless they respect our Christian beliefs..."

She stopped talking when we all felt the ground shake a little.

"What was that?" I said.

The ground shook again. Harder this time.

"Is this an earthquake?!" Margie questioned.

We cried out as the ground beneath our feet gave way, creating a hole...and Margie, Nigel, Gretel, and I fell down the hole.

Ava was lucky. She peered down at the hole and shouted, "Guys!"