Chapter Forty

Ava let out a laugh. It was wicked, which fit perfectly with her evilness. "I had a sneaky hunch that you were hiding something from me."

I floated up to her and clenched my hands into tight fists. What was that? You thought that Hansel was narrating? I, Lean Share, will be narrating this chapter. Hansel needs a break because he is suddenly in a ton of pain from the gunshot wound. Besides, it will be fun to read things from my point of view.

"I was hiding my plan from my friends," I shot back at her. There was no time to waste or even have a small talk. I had work to do. "I did not want them to be in danger. I know that they would desire to help. There would be no reason to hide it from you. You are as clever as I am to figure out what I am up to."

"You would be right about that," Ava said. "I would have known." She brought out the red, purple, and green stones from her pocket and kept them close to her so I could not grab them. She rubbed the tips of her fingers against the stones. "There were plenty of clues that led to this point. Like how you freed Dr. O'Connor and his dumb wife if they pinpointed any of the stones."
——————————————————————————
"The Lubriem...is the most powerful being in the fictional world," Dr. O'Connor explained. "She is a big deal...and...she died."

"How did she die?"

"She was killed."

"By who?"

"Who else?" He motioned to Lean. "This dummy."

Lean did not like what he called her. "I am still loyal to my Lubriem. She was the only person in the real world who loved me."

"Then why would you kill her?!" Dr. O'Connor exclaimed angrily.

"That is for me to know and for you and the readers to find out." She held up her hand and uncoiled her fingers. A key appeared in her palm. "I have a proposition for you."

"What kind of proposition?" Mrs. M. asked.

"I will let you out of your cages. You will be free. Just tell me where the stones are. And do not lie to me."
——————————————————————————
"How you left Mr. Hawk and your 'friends' for somebody more inferior."
——————————————————————————
The ghost floated up to the mansion and squinted at the windows. She spotted her monster friends in the dining room. They could not see her though because of the curtain that covered the window.

And that was what she wanted.

She did not want them to see her. She did not want them to run to her and hug her. She did not want want them to not believe that she was dead.

Why? They are her friends after all.

Do not get her wrong. They are her friends, and she would never want anything bad to happen to them. That is why she was faking her death.
——————————————————————————
I squinted and gave her an unpleasant look. It did not scare her, but the two of us knew who the first and powerful one was.

That would go to me.

"My Lubriem is one of the greatest people who has ever lived. Better than some real worlders. Heck, way better than some fictional characters, especially the ones who think that they are intelligent. And need I remind you that she is not just my Lubriem. She is our Lubriem. She thought and made all of us with the excellent help of the Lord."

"You do not get it, do you? She may be 'our' Lubriem, but I do not care for her. None of us psychopath villains do! And that is exactly what Forlot is made of. Psychopaths and politics."

I knew that there was no point in arguing with her - even though that she was definitely wrong - but we had to reveal some details to you readers so that you can make theories about what might happen.

"That is not true," I shot at her. "The Lubriem and I were close. We loved each other like sisters and nothing more."

"Yes...you two acted like sisters," Ava shot back. "Here in Forlot, everybody is straight and eats fruits, vegetables, and meat. The Forlot people cannot survive without meat. But we can live without social media. And we believe marriage is a sign of evil. Shall I go on?"

"You will never get it through that liquid skull of yours! She is against getting married and having children. She has no interest in social media. She wants to be with us. Fictional characters, including her own."

"And...you agree with what she believes? What she hates and her religion?"

"Right on board. From the moment that she made me. And for the record, she has no religion. What she believes is a hundred percent true. She shut herself out from the world. She wants nothing to do with real worlders. They either laugh at her or ridicule her. They do not take her seriously...all because she prefers fictional over real."

Ava hugged the stones to her chest. "I feel her heartbeat inside the stones. Her voice...echoing. Crying out bloody murder for her people..." She gave a sinister smile. "...even you."

I cannot lie that I was bit surprised when she handed over the stones. I quickly snatched them and stuffed them in my purse. When I looked back at her...she was gone.

I then noticed something from the corner of my eye.

There she was. Black and purple liquid. Running with the water that was rapidly going down the side of the parking lot.

She was up to something that was not good. I could feel it.

But she was not my priority. My priority was the Lubriem.

I was about to leave, when I heard Margie calling out to me.

"Lean...do not leave...please...we need to talk..."

I did not want to stay...but I had to.