Chapter Forty-Eight

A mom and her daughter were in the living room of their house. The mom was on the computer, working on a project for the upcoming election that would take place in the town of Forlot. The daughter was sitting on the floor and playing with her toys. She was under the age of ten and wearing a princess outfit that was a pretty green. A small, plastic crown was on her head.

"And the winner is...mommy!" the young girl said happily. "My mommy is always the winner." She giggled.

Her mother giggled with her as she typed on the computer. "You got that right, Hillary" she replied. "These people are so gullible nowadays that it is easy for someone like me to win anything."

Hillary got up and gripped the chair that her mom was sitting in. She leaned against it. "When will she be back?"

"Soon. I trust her with my life."

They then heard something creaking. It was the front door. Slam! went the door, and a person entered the living room.

"You are back!" Hillary cried excitedly, jumping up and down.

The person glared at her. "Hello again, you spoiled brat."

She pouted. "I am not a spoiled brat!"

But Hillary actually was.

"Hello, Ava," the mother greeted.

"Hello, Ms. Hayley Taylor," Ava greeted back. "How is the election coming along?"

"It is going as planned. I have filled out paperwork and posted fake articles about the election as a whole. The people will believe anything."

"Excellent." She pointed to a couple of cages that were at the back of the room. "And have these troublemakers been bothering you?"

"As of today, no. Susan and Jamie have stayed in their cages and remained quiet."