Chapter 1.1 (Beyonce)

"Ahhh!" I screamed as I felt my hair being pulled from my scalp through the drivers side window of the car. I had just pulled up to the gas station a minute ago before someone reached through the window and tried to pull me out if it. Jay had just walked into the store to pay for gas. I was hoping he'd look out of the store's window to see what was happening and intervene. My heart was beating a mile a minute. Not because I'm scared, but because it's all happening so fast. I didn't have time to react or to even see who was behind the attack.

This last year has been the worse year of my life. I've been in so many fights I've lost count. Tired wasn't even the word to describe my feelings. I was trying to twist my body to an angle so I can see who was giving me the headache of my life when I spotted Jay running our way.

"The fuck you duwhen?" I heard him yell as I felt my hair being released.

I quickly put my hair back into place and hoped out if the car only to come face to face with his wife yet again. To say I was pissed is an understatement. This is the second run in I've had with her this week. She always seen to show up where ever I'm at even when I'm not with her so called husband. She was screaming in Jay's face.

"You always claim that you're not fucking her, but you are always with her every time I roll up on you!"

"Man, go home and stop making a fool out of yourself in front of all these people. You must want somebody to call the police on your ass." Jay said.

Until he said that, I hadn't notice the crowed that had formed. Watching the free show we were giving them. I was still feeling some type of way about that bitch pulling my hair so I was ready for what ever. At only 21 years old, I've never imagined my life would hold this much drama.

Before I met Shawn Corey Carter two years ago, I was a carefree 19 year old who worried about nothing besides going to college.

My best friend, Kelly, and I went to our friends Tori's graduation party and that's where I met Jay, Tori's first cousin. We clicked immediately and spent a lot of time together. He even took me to Miami for my 20th birthday.

Imagine my surprise when 8 mouths into our relationship, I found out not only was he married, but he had four kids. I always lowkey knew he had someone else, I guess I didn't want to believe it. I tossed the thoughts to the back of my mind and decided to fall in love. Stupid. Jay spent nights...weeks at my house and then would go away for days. Sometimes he would even leave the room to talk on the phone so I knew there was somebody else. Again, I didn't want to believe it.

When I found out that there was actually someone else, I wasn't that hurt since I already suspected it. It was that fact that he was MARRIED and that fact that Tori knew and didn't feel the need to tell me is what hurt me the most. Her excuse, "it wasn't any of my business," yet, she introduced us.

I tried to stay away from Jay. In fact, for almost a month I succeeded. The fact that he called me everyday and all day apologizing didn't help me get over him either. I had been with him for almost a year by then. My feelings were involved and I was in deeper than I wanted to be. I gave in and continued to be his "side chick." I hated that term, but that was exactly what I was. I was Shawn Corey Carter's "Side Chick." I knew that I could probably have any man I wanted, but I decided to stay with somebody else's. I had so much going for myself and any man would be proud to call me his own.

I'm 5'4, 5'6 with heels and 130 pounds. I had a bad ass shape and a pretty face to match it. I was in my second semester of college, studying to be a lawyer. I wasn't shy, but I didn't get around like most girls my age.

Before him, I had only been with one other guy sexually and that was my ex-boyfriend Terrell. I'm in love and I don't know if I'll even come down from this high Jay has me on. My siblings and my mom hate him, but it's not enough to tear me away from him.