Chapter 6 (Jay)

I didn't know what was up with Beyoncé, but I'll find out eventually. She been on some sneaky type shit lately. I know something is up, I just don't know what it is. When she was in the shower earlier, I noticed she had a lock code on her phone. Something she hasn't done in the two years we've been together. I went back to sleep for a while, wondering what she's been up to.

I decided to go see my mom and sisters when I woke up. I got there and saw my kids already there. That's nothing new. Courtney always drop them off when she's running the streets. They ran over to me, almost knocking me over when they saw me. They were all excited and I felt really bad because I never spend any time with them. My sisters Shawn and Tyra were sitting on the sofa when I walked into the living room. They went off as soon as they saw me.

"How you gon let that little bitch disrespect your wife like that, Jay?!!"

"You wrong for that shit!! And you're letting that hoe drive your car too?!" Since they both were talking at the same time, I decided to address them at the same time.

"First of all, her name is Beyoncé. Not hoe or bitch. It's Beyoncé, Bey, Gisselle, or baby girl. Pick one. And don't worry about who drive my shit or what I buy. Did either one of you buy it? Did y'all go half with me on? Do y'all replace the tags every year? Do y'all put gas in the tank?" I paused and neither of them said a word. "I didn't think so. I don't ask y'all for shit. I take of me!" They had me all fucked up.

"Wow." My sister Tyra said. "You gon lose your wife over some bullshit?"

"So. Like I said, don't worry about me." I yelled and my mom came running down the stairs wondering what was going on. Shawnna told my mom everything and then she started too.

"Jay, you know you wrong for treating Courtney like that. That girl loves you to death and you're treating her like a dog. That little girl you foolin around with is not worth losing your family. You don't know what she out here doing."

For some reason everybody wanted to be in my business. I was mad even though I know put them there. Mutherfuckers don't know shit unless you tell them.

"Man, it don't even matter. Y'all are worrying about the wrong thing. I'm a grown ass man. I'm not forcing Courtney to stay with me!" I came over here to see my family, but it's time for me to go.

"Alright, don't say I didn't warn you. You can't play with people hearts like that. Courtney is going to end up hurting you."

I love my mama, but damn, she always trying to preach to me. I let have that one. I can't win an argument with her anyway.

She didn't approve of me being with Beyoncé and she damn sure didn't like her, but she was never nasty to her like my sisters. My mom always refer to her as that little girl, unlike my sisters who chose more colorful words. Now, they never said anything disrespectful to her face, but they went off when she wasn't around. I hadn't talked to her since she left with Kelly earlier. I wanted to call her, but instead I sent her a text that said, "I love U." I just hope she's not trying to play games on me while I'm sitting here defending her to my family.

I decided to take my kids and just chill with them for a while. That was something I rarely did. Courtney and I are always preoccupied with our own lives, we barely make time for them. They told me they wanted ice-cream so that's where we went. I took then to Pinkberry and then we went to the park to eat it.

I needed this time with them. My daughters Denim and Dream were entertaining me with singing and dancing. My oldest son Corey was playing on the slide, but Drew stayed under me the whole time. Even though I had doubts about him, I'll never treat him any different from my other kids. I am the only father he knows and I don't have the proof that tells me other wise.