Chapter 13 (Tori)

Jay has been blowing up my phone for the last couple of days. I didn't know what he wanted with me, but I didn't care. He had left Courtney's conniving ass and I was ecstatic. Courtney called me a few times to cry on my shoulder. I usually put the phone phone on mute so that I could laugh my ass off. She has yet to tell me or anyone else the truth about why Jay left her. She's blaming Bey, saying that he left her for her. That was partly the reason, but she knows damn well it isn't the main reason. It killed her that he brought Beyoncé around his kids.

According to her, the kids loved Beyoncé and they always talked about her. If she was looking for sympathy, she was dialing the wrong number. This is only the beginning for her. I had enough on my plate right now with Bentley being locked up. His bail was set at 20,000 and I had no idea where I was going to get the money from.

I was working like crazy, but I would never be able to save enough to get him out, plus maintain the bills at home.

His family basically washed their hands of him, so calling them wasn't an option. If he was still on Jay's team, he would've helped him out. Bentley did a lot of people dirty so his list of supporters was short. They arrested him for possession and some more charges I wasn't familiar with. Even though I was still mad at him over Courtney, I still didn't want to see him in jail. I know I'm probably stupid for caring, but I can't help it.

"Good morning." A male voice from behind me said. I know that voice from anywhere. He was the owner of the building the nursing home I worked in was in. He was also someone one that I've had my eyes on. I didn't know if he was married or had a girl friend, but if he did I don't care. I would gladly be his side chick.

"Good morning." I replied sexily.

This man made me nervous just by looking at him.

"What are you doing up this early?" I asked.

"Me and my pops had to go over some paperwork with your boss. Looks like you guys are going to be around for another five years." He smiled and held up the new lease my boss had just signed. He and his dad owned a bunch of professional buildings as well as some homes and apartment. He told me a whole back that he had a MBA in business management and a real estate licenses. I was really impressed since he was so young. I would swear he was a dope boy just by looking at him, but as the old saying goes, looks can be deceiving.

"That's what's up." I told him. "Y'all opened y'all club yet?"

"Nope, we're not opening the club. We're leasing one of our buildings out to the club owner. The club is his, the building is ours." He explained. He was so cute. I could picture myself leaving Bentley's broke ass for him. At least I probably wouldn't have to work. I know he had money from the way he dressed and the cars he drove.

"Is the club opened yet? Maybe we could go check it out one day," I flirted.

"It's not opened yet, but it should be in a few months. He's doing a grand opening. I'll let you know when and where." He said as he left out.

I couldn't help but smile after that. If everything goes right, Bentley would only be a distant memory. I need somebody who was going to appreciate me and not take advantage of my kind heart. I thought Bentley was that person. Instead, he turned out to be a dope addicted dog. Maybe he needs to stay in jail so he could detox and get some of that dope out his system. My ringing phone snapped me out of my daydream. It's Courtney.

"Hello?" I sighed into the phone. I was not in the mood to be apart of her, "I miss Jay," pitty-party.

"Hey girl," she spoke like a wounded puppy.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked as if I already didn't know.

"Going crazy as usual, girl. What you doing later?" She asked.

"Working." I simply replied.

"Oh, I'm going over your aunties house later. Her and your grandma wants to talk to talk to me and Jay about all this foolishness." She said.

"All what foolishness? Y'all are separated. End of story. What else is there to talk about?" I said getting angry and disgusted. She's doing too much to try to get back with Jay

"I don't know. Maybe they can help talk some sense into his dumb ass." She said sounding hopeful. "Jay is not listening to anything, Courtney. His mind is made up."

"You don't know that. He might listen to your grandma." She spat.

"Girl, leave him alone and find you somebody else. He is not the only guy in the world." I snapped right back at her ass. I was already tired of having this conversation with her.

"I know but he's the only man I married. I don't want another man. I want my husband." She said putting emphasis on the word husband.

"Well, girl I have to go. I hope everything works out for you. Good luck." I said right before hanging up. She's going to need a lot of luck to get Jay's ass back home. I hope she got her rabbits foot and four lead clover around. She was definitely going to need it.