Chapter 7 (Beyonce)

I finally made it back home to the condo and I was exhausted. I was expecting to see Jay there since he rushed me home from Kelly's house. I was so scared that he was going to show up while Terrell was there. I hurried Terrell along to make sure that didn't happen. I gathered my things to go take a shower. I was ready to crawl in my bed. As I showered, I thought the conversation Jay and I had earlier. He made it seem like he knew more than he said he did. It was really hard for me to lie to him. It seem like he always knew when I was lying. I hoped like hell I did a better job this time around. Courtney is so stupid. She should be happy that I had somebody else besides her husband. I guess she figured he would leave me alone if he knew about Terrell. I got out the shower and oiled my body before putting on some boy shorts and a sleeveless T. Jay hates when I sleep in pajamas.

Once I was done, I started putting everything up that I bought from the mall. Jay walked in as I put up the last of my purchases. He walked in the room, but didn't speak. That was unusual for him. He was always happy to see me. I was just about to say something when out of the blue, Jay slapped the shit out of me. The impact was so hard; it sent my flying to the floor. I was shocked. I tried to scoot away but he bent down and slapped me two more time. My face was stinging as my tears clouded my vision. Jay has never hit me before. He threatened me a lot, but he never actually hit me. Was this over what his wife had told him? If so, I am done with his ass. I didn't have to wonder for long. Jay spent over to me and forced me to look at him as he spoke.

"I asked you a million fucking times to tell me the truth! You've been talking to this nigga for a while."

How the hell did he find out? The only person who knew about me seeing Terrell is Kelly and she would never tell on me.

"You fucked that nigga?!" He was in my face screaming.

"No!" Terrell and I kissed a lot be we never had sex. Jay already knew he was my first. He pulled my hair forcing me to stand up to look at him.

"I know you were kissing that nigga, now lie and say you wasn't." This was all too much. He knew everything. He finally let my hair go and threw me on the bed.

"Give me that phone!" Jay yelled.

I jumped out of bed and ran over to my purse. I took my iPhone out and handed it over to Jay.

"Take this damn lock code off!"

I did as I was told. If he read any of the texts between me and Terrell, shit was about to get real. I got back in bed and pulled the covers back up to my neck. I was so scared that he was going to hit me again.

Jay took my phone with him when he left out the room. After crying for what seemed like hours, I went to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning it was after 10am and Jay wasn't in bed with me. I don't even know if he's in the house. I was starving, but I'm too scared to even leave the room. I went into the master bedroom to handle my morning hygiene and when I returned, Jay was sitting on the bed fully dressed.

"Get dressed." He said calmly.

"Since I can't trust you to be by yourself, you're rolling with me today."

I was going to tell how I didn't need a babysitter, but I wasn't stupid. I got dressed and waited until it was time to go. I still haven't ate anything, but Ik starve before I say something. At this moment, I regretted not taking summer classes. Anything is better than this. I wanted out of this relationship. I just don't think Jay will leave without a fight.

Once we left we stopped at the Waffle House first. I guess he knew I was starving. After that we made a million and one more stops. He bought food and a million more items for his father's party that was coming up. When we pulled up to his mama's house I almost died. This was the last place I wanted to be. No one in Jay's family liked me, but his brother Ty. I hated being around them. I was hoping I didn't have to get out the car.

Jay called his two nephews to get the bags from the car and when they saw me they started smirking. I hate those little battered children. Every time they saw me they would look at my ass. The make me sick.

After they got everything out of the car, Jay opened the passenger door for me to get out. I couldn't keep quiet anymore.

"What are we doing here? I hate coming to your mama's house." I said. He grabbed my hand as we walked up to the front door.

"I need to take care of something. It won't take long." When we walked into the house, all eyes were on me. If Jay hadn't been holding my hand, I would've grabbed his.

"Hello." I spoke to his sisters who were on the sofa along with his mother. None of those bitches opened their mouth.

"Damn, y'all can't speak!" Jay yelled with an attitude.

"Hey." They said as if they were being force to. Jay say on the sofa and pulled me on to his lap. The room fell silent. I was more than uncomfortable. Jay does shit like this on purpose. He knew how his family felt about me, but he still brought me around them. I listened while they talked and plans for their party.

The party was supposed to be at his house, but they moved it here, judging by the conversation. I couldn't wait until we left so I could ask Jay why had they moved it. It seems like they're supposed to have more food and alcohol than anything. After they were done talking, Jay and I prepared to leave.

"Jay, let me talk to you for a minute." His mother said. Jay had my hand so I tried to let go so he could talk to his mom. He gripped mine harder and pulled me right along with him. I could tell she didn't want me to come along because she hesitated to speak. She looked from him to me and from me to him server all times. It was clear that she didn't want me to stay. I wanted to leave, but Jay had a death grip on my hand.

"You called me back here to stare at me?" Jay called her out. He made it clear that I was staying.

"You know your wife and kids are going to be here Saturday night, right?" She asked Jay.

"Yea, I know. What does that mean?" I know what it meant and I know he knew what it meant. She was telling him not to bring me. But, she doesn't have to worry about that. I don't want to be anywhere near her or her daughters.

"I'm just saying." She replied before walking off.

"We out!" Jay yelled.

As soon as we got into the car I started asking questions.

"Why did y'all move the party here?"

"So you can meet my dad." He said like it wasn't nothing.

"Jay, I'm not coming to your mama's house. I can see if it was at a park or something, that's a public place." He must be crazy if he thinks I would go there for anything.

"First of all, that's my shit. They just live there." Jay is always quick to remind everyone that the house his family lives in belongs to him. I know that's the only reason his family never said anything about me coming over there. The house was still in his name so they knew not to piss him off too much.

"Jay, I can meet your daddy some other time. It's not that serious. I ain't trying to be fighting with nobody."

"You gon meet him Saturday and ain't nobody gon fuck with you! Believe that." I guess the conversation was over. He had made his mind up. Jay comes with a lot of unnecessary drama and I need to get away from him before it's too late. After he put his hands in me the night before, I was more than ready to call it quits.