Chapter 3 (Courtney)

As soon as I heard the front door slam, I knew Jay was gone. I couldn't believe he choked me out like that and just left. He didn't even stay to make sure I was alright. I went to our master bedroom to look at myself in the mirror. My eyes were swollen and my neck was bruised from where Jay had choked me. I starred in the mirror and cried. That's all I did lately. It seems like our marriage is falling apart.

I love Jay more than life itself. I know Jay isn't perfect. I know about his foul ways. I knew about them before I married him, but I'm not giving up on my husband. I'm not giving up on our marriage, ever. I don't care what my family or friends say. It's definitely to death do us part. I had Jay's back no matter what. I had Jay's back no matter what. I was there for him while he was in jail.

My sisters convinced me to give him am ultimatum the last time he went in. Either he marry me or I was done. My sisters felt like after all the bullshit he put me through, that he could at least make it right. They were right. I was happy. I had my man. I just pray he comes to his senses and fast because divorce is definitely out of the question.

I know a lot a bitches wish they were in my shoes.

Jay is one of the finest men in NOLA. He's originally from NY so he has an accent. He's 6'1 with a smooth chocolate complexion and perfect body to match. He has no flaws in which I can see and I'm the only woman lucky enough to have his last name. Carter. I earned the ring on my finger and so much more.

I can't even count how many fights I got into because of my husband. But I don't care because at the end of the day, he always came home to me. That was until that bitch Beyoncé came into the picture. Every since her everything changed. I never knew if my husband was coming home or not. He used to make excuses for his absences in the beginning but after a while he stop doing that too. Everyone knew about his side chick. His entire family new about her, but since I'm his wife they never accepted her.

Jay's mom and sisters adore me. They refuse to deal with another woman, but his brother Ty was a different story. He's around Beyoncé as much as Jay is and for that I hated him.

Jay's cousin, Tori and I were very close. I knew she was friends with Beyoncé because they went to the same high school. Me and Tori's relationship is different because we're family. She's Jay's first cousin so I know if it came down to it, her loyalty would lie with me.

Tori was the first person who told me about Jay and Beyoncé. Supposedly, they met at her graduation party. I was at that party too, but that didn't stop my husband from being the dog he was. I know they wondered how I showed up to most of the places they go to, I have Tori to thank for that. I just had to promise her to never let anyone know that she was my informant. Tori has always been a good friend to me but I didn't always returned the favor. If she knew about some if the things I've done behind her back, she wouldn't speak to me anymore and Jay would leave me.

According to Tori, Jay have been dealing with Beyoncé for about two years. I use to hear things about her but I wasn't worried at first. Jay had cheated on me so many times. I already knew the rules. I always played my part in the game and I played it really well. Once I found out about what ever bitch he was cheating on me with, she would be history. This was the first time I felt like I had some competition.

She is a pretty girl with the body of a video vixen. I was intimidated by her but I'll never admit that to anyone. I was far from perfect, but I am a damn good wife and mother to our 4 children.

Jay and I have two boys and two girls, ages 8, 6, 5 and 3. Jay always had doubts about our 3 year old being his. He claim that he barely been out of jail a month before I got pregnant. He claimed that I was sleeping around on him. I have to admit that I have needs and I did sleep around when he was locked up. But I am sure about my kids father. Jay was locked up so much I had to get sex from somebody. Hell at least I did it when he was locked up and not all in his face like he did me. He didn't try to hide his mistress. My husband is actually in love with another woman and it was tearing me apart.

I felt like I was constantly being compared to another woman. And that was another problem I had with her. She's eight years younger than me with no kids so of course her body is close to being perfect. She had also graduated high school and now she's also in college. That's something I never did. Jay has always being on my back about continuing my education, but I never had any interest in anything. He had always taken care of me so I never needed to work. I hated school so going back was not about to happen. Tori tried convincing me to join the CNA program with her, but I wasn't about to be cleaning shit off old people asses for 8 dollars an hour.

My phone vibrated bring me back to reality. It's Tori calling, probably with more drama. I answered trying not to sound as bad as I felt.

"Hello?" I said cheerfully.

"Girl, what's up with y'all? I just saw your husband outside the club talking to Ty. He looked pissed. Y'all must be into it again." Tori said.

"Yep. When you told me you seen him and ole girl at Zorbra's I went around there and waited for them to come out, then, I followed them."

I told Tori about everything from me following them to Jay choking and leaving me. She then only made me feel worse, as usual.

"Girl, you crazy. He's probably going right to Beyoncé. You know that's where he go every time you make him mad."

I really didn't need to hear that, but she's probably right and there is nothing I can do about it. Even if I know where her condo was, I don't know exactly which one she lives in though. I've followed Jay there plenty of times, but security won't let me in without an exact location. I still can't believe he bought that bitch a condo. And to make matters worse, it's in an St. Charles. An upscale neighborhood here in NOLA. Anyway, I wasn't in the mood to talk about Jay anymore so I changed the subject.

"So when are we going shopping for the barbecue?" I asked. Jay's dad is on his way to a half way house in NOLA in two weeks so Tori and I are planning a barbecue at my house to welcome him home. I wanted everything to be perfect. I've met Jay's dad before, but just like his son, he's been in and out of prison a lot so we've never really had a chance to bond.

"We can go get the decoration tomorrow. I know Sidney and Tyra may want to come. They're so excited about their dad coming home." Sidney and Tyra are Jay and Ty's sisters. Shawn (Jay) is the oldest, followed by the twins, Tyler (Ty) and Tyra and the youngest is Shawnna (Shawn.) Jay's dad name is Ty'Shawn so you can just about guess where they got their names from.

Most of the time when I went clubbing Shawn and Tyra were with me. They are my girls for life. They hate that Beyoncé girl just as much as I do.

"So Jay is cool with us doing it at y'all house? Didn't he say he wanted it to be at a park?" Tori asked me.

"Girl, we gon have it right here. He only want it to be at a park so that hoe can come!" I yelled and Tori laughed.

"That's his heart right there. You know he's not letting you get close to that girl. He acts like she's fine china or something." This was the only reason I hate talking to Tori sometimes. I felt like sometimes she enjoys rubbing Jay's infidelity in my face. She's always making comments about how much he loves Beyoncé or how much he does for her. Things I didn't want nor need to hear. I wasn't in the mood to talk anymore so I wrapped up the conversation.

"Alright girl. I'm tired as hell, I'll call you in the morning so we can go to Party City or something."

"Alright then. I'll let my cousins know just in case they want to tag along." Tori explained before hanging up.

Tori is my girl but sometimes I find myself questioning whose side she's really on. It's like she takes pleasure in my pain. She can side with the enemy if she wants to, but family or not, she can get it too. As of now, Beyoncé is on my list. She's playing a grown woman's game and I was determined to make him lose. I refuse to lose my husband to her or anybody else.