Chapter 18

Logan's POV
"I don't know about this." Virgil nervously said as he slowly climbed into the cart for the Thunder Mountain ride.
"It's going to be okay. There's nothing to worry about. Even if the ride malfunctions, it's very unlikely that we get injured." I announced as I climbed in beside him. In any case, I won't allow any of you to get hurt, not if I have any say in the matter. "If we do, we can always sue for legal penalties to be forced upon the company."
Virgil let out a small giggle, though his face still showed signs of fear and dread.
"Whatever you say, nerd." He said before the cart began to move. Roman, Patton and Thomas sat in front of us, enjoying themselves as the ride began to speed up.
Virgil made a small scream as the track suddenly began descending. Is this ride really that scary?There have been many safety precautions taken, so it's unlikely to-Suddenly, I felt Virgil grab hold of my arm. Looking down, I could see him shutting his eyes tightly, trembling. I quickly covered my face as it started to heat up. How is he so unbelievably cute?
As the ride came to an end, Virgil refused to let go and sat stiffly in place, unable to move. As the ride attendant began to move toward us, I lightly tapped Virgil's shoulder.
"We need to get off now, Virgil." I announced quietly to not startle him, but he evidently flinched at my voice.
"Y-Yeah. L-Let's go." He shakily whispered.
Helping him stand, we left the Thunder Mountain ride with the others. Roman elbowed me and smirked. I glared at him, knowing full well what he was referring to: Virgil was still clinging to my arm.
"Hey, Brother Virgil, are you okay? You don't look so good..." Thomas questioned worriedly.
"Finally found you babes!" A voice called out in the distance, gaining everyone's attention.
To our right was Remy waving at us as he sipped from a Starbucks coffee cup. Behind him was presumably Des, though he was wearing a black cape and strangely shaped black helmet. Why is he wearing such an odd looking outfit? Well, no matter. It's none of my concern anyway.
"What's wrong, Virgil? You look great." Des asked as he and Remy caught up to us. Virgil merely stuck his tongue out weakly at Des.
"Hmmm." Remy circled around Virgil, inspecting him. Without a word, Remy spun on his heel and quickly whacked the back of our heads before anyone could react. Leaving everyone but Virgil and Des without a painful headache, Remy returned to Des' side.
"What was that for?" Roman whined, rubbing his head.
"You idiots took Virgil on a roller coaster didn't you?" Des answered as Remy took a sip of coffee.
"And that's a bad thing? The ride was fun!" Thomas comments.
"Says the pup." Des hissed, making Thomas shrink in on himself. Patton gave him a warm smile in attempt to cheer him up.
"It isn't wise to speak of what we are in public." I warned, keeping my voice down.
Des lifted hand up, forcing my own hand to cover my mouth through some form of magic I have yet to identify. Really?
While I struggled in taking my hand off my mouth, I noticed Virgil was nowhere in sight. Fear entered me immediately as I frantically looked around us for any sign of him. Where is he?
"Calm down, babe. He just went to the restroom. It's not that far from here." Remy announced, showing his phone screen. It read a text message from Virgil repeating what Remy has said. Seeing this, I relaxed and was finally allowed to remove my hand.
Suddenly, Thomas's stomach echoed through our ears. His face immediately turned red as he smiled sheepishly.
"I guess it's time for an early lunch." Roman cheered, placing an arm around Patton's shoulders.
"Shouldn't we wait for Virgil?" I suggested, though it was evident no one bothered to listen. I groaned, following behind as Roman, Remy and Patton began to rant about something called Goofy's Kitchen.
Virgil's POV
Entering the restroom, I was extremely surprised that no one else was inside. Sighing in relief, I made my way to the far wall, leaning my back against it.
Well that was a disaster...
I slumped to the floor, hugging my knees and staring at nothing. This is pathetic. I can't even ride a fucking roller coaster without freaking out. I'm surprised Logan put up with me during all that.Oh god. I was clinging to him, wasn't I?
The sudden realization sent heat all across my face. I didn't need a mirror to know that I was blushing.
I didn't even think about it. When did I start holding onto his arm and why did that even help calm me down? Do...Do I like him?.... Shit! I like Logan!
I sat in silence, covering my probably beet red face with my hands. Sighing, I stood up and walked to the sinks. After splashing water on my face, washing away the black eyeshadow under my eyes that was heavily smudged in a messy way, I stared at the mirror. At my reflection. My hideous reflection. The bags under my eyes. The unnaturally pale skin. The tangled, messy hair.
Why would he like you? You're ugly. You only cause trouble for them. You're way too negative about every god damn thing! Why in hell's name would he ever Ever even notice you?!?
Tears began to flow down my cheeks as the hateful thoughts continued.
Suddenly, a vibration from my pocket attracted my attention. A text from Des.
"We're not going to be in Goofy's Kitchen. Don't come meet up with us when you're finished."
I've been gone for a while already. I better get back.
I quickly splashed more water on my face and reapplied more black eyeshadow, only darker than before. Can't let them know I was crying....God, who cries at Disney? You suck, Virgil. Feeling like trash, I exited the restroom.
Without warning, I felt something grab hold of me from behind. Pain dug into every part of me as I screamed for help. However, something covered my mouth, feeling like fabric.

Everything went black.