Chapter 23

Virgil's POV
On our way to the Haunted Mansion ride, Patton decided it would be fun to get our faces painted...yay. However, since it was Patton, we jut had to do it. Why? Because Nobody says no to Patton. Nobody.
Patton decided to have blue butterflies across his cheeks that were covered in bright glitter. Roman got his face split in half: half sad, half happy. Just like the mask that comes up whenever you look up theatrics online. Remy decided to just have a Starbucks cup drawn on one cheek and a few Z's on the other. I know you love sleeping and coffee, Remy, but this...brings you to another level. Des got his face half painted with yellow snake scales, which I think looked awesome, but refuse to let it show. I'd rather die than let him know I acknowledge him. Logan refuses to take part in the face painting, though that didn't surprise me. He never seemed like the type to want to add make-up.
Finally, there was me. Seeing as the song "What's This?" was playing on the speakers for Christmas spirit, I figured I'd go with it. Choosing the skeleton picture, I showed it to the makeup artist. She smiled and nodded happily before beginning to apply the paint on me.
It surprisingly didn't take very long. When she finished, she handed me a small hand mirror, showing me my reflection.
Woah. I don't look half bad. The makeup hides my bags and it oddly matches my purple eyes. Practically nothing does that, so this is a surprise.
"Thank you." I told her, she smiled a wrinkly smile before moving on to the next customer.
I turned to the others who were waiting for me by a popcorn stand. Seeing me, they all seemed to tense up, which sent a wave of anxiety over me.
What's wrong? Oh god, I look weird, don't I? I was stupid to even consider that I looked okay. I should've refused the face paint like Logan. I-
"Oh my god! Kiddo! You look amazing!!" Patton suddenly screeched, tackle hugging me.
"Patton, be careful with your stitches." Roman whispered to him before turning to me. "You're right, though. Hot Topic looks smashing! It's so realistic!"
"Brother Virgil, you look awesome!!" Thomas yelled, stars practically in his eyes.
"Th-Thanks guys." I stuttered, not used to all the compliments.
"Come on, babes. Let's got to the Haunted Mansion. I'm sure Virgil's been dying to go this whole time." Remy announced with a grin, making me blush. How did he know?!?
"Have you forgotten? When we brought you as a kid, it was your absolute least favorite ride. You didn't go on the damn ride over and over again when you were little." Des teased, smirking like a madman. His snake face paint only made him look more deceitful than he usually did, not to mention the black Star Wars cloak he had been wearing the whole time.
"Sh-Shut up." I hissed before walking in the direction of the ride, leading the way for the others. I glanced back to look at Logan, who was staring at me with a slightly red cheeks. We made eye contact, so I quickly averted my gaze, feeling my face heat up.m
I'm so glad the make up is covering my face for me.
Finally entering the elevator, Patton and Roman freaked out, trying to cling to each other in fear. To say I was amused that Roman was cowering would be an understatement. Thomas and I watched our surroundings in amazement and excitement. Logan, Remy, and Des stood beside us with bored expressions, though Des seemed more amused than the other two.
Getting to the ride section, we got into pairs so we wouldn't squish into the moving chairs.
Patton was with Roman, of course. Remy paired up with Thomas, making me worry a bit for Thomas's fairly innocent ears. Please, Remy. Leave the cussing at a minimum for the next ten minutes. This left me with Logan as a partner and Des to be on his own, though he didn't seem to mind.
Sitting with Logan in the chair, I waited excitedly for the props to come into view. Logan turned to me and smiled. I smiled back, though I didn't know why we were smiling and didn't really care.
His smile melted my heart and his eyes drew me in like a moth to a flame. Realizing that I'm staring, I looked away and enjoyed myself as everything began.
"Virgil, might I ask why you like this specific ride so much?" Logan questioned, staring at one of the animatronics curiously. The question had caught me off guard, making me blink in a daze until the words sunk in. When they did, I felt my nerves begin to tense up.
"W-Well, it's got a nice aura? I guess..." I said, not sure of what I was even saying at this point.
"Aura?" He repeated, clearly confused.
"I- Er-Well, I mean-" I stuttered. Just great. I'm a mess. Don't even bother talking anymore, Virgil.
I looked away from him, watching the props go by.
"Does this 'aura' make you happy?" Logan questioned, not letting the matter drop.
"Y-Yes...I don't know why, but it helps me calm down a bit. It's kind of the same as when I'm with you guys, but I don't know. It's weird. It's like I'm somewhere familiar and don't even know it." I admitted, smiling a bit as I watched the projected ghosts dancing. A few of them even waved at us. Huh, that's new. Disney must have updated it from the last time I was here.
Glancing back at Logan, he had a nervous smile, though I couldn't tell what was making him nervous.
"What's wrong, nerd? This is the longest I've heard you be so quiet." I  smirked a bit, shoving my hands into my pockets and leaning back into the chair. What am I even doing? Playing it cool after spilling my guts out isn't normal.
However, he smiled, despite my sudden mood change.
"Those ghosts weren't accurate representations of real ghosts. We definitely don't dance." He informed, making me roll my eyes with a smile. He's such a nerd....but I love him.
"So you're basically saying you can't dance?"
"Well, I didn't say that."
"But you were implying it."
"Falsehood."
"Then prove it, nerd." I challenged with a smirk.
"Fine! Have it your way. Friday, we'll have a date and I'll show you I, indeed, know how to dance."
"It's a date, nerd."
I froze. Our conversation had happened so fast, I wasn't able to take in everything as it was said and let my mouth do what it wanted. What just happened? Did I...just agree to go on a date with him? Wait! He asked me...does that mean that he likes me? What's even going on anymore?!?
Logan chuckled quietly.
"Finally taking in what I said, aren't you?" He said as we stepped off the ride. Stumbling a bit at his words, I leaned onto him and felt my face heat up. Grabbing my hand, he helped me steady myself.
"I believe your exact words were 'It's a date, nerd'." He said, walking beside me as we made our way to the others.
"You know, you just called yourself a nerd, right?" I smirked, trying to hide the gushing mess inside my head. Oh my god. I'm going on a date with Logan. Am I dreaming or is this real life? Screw it, I don't even care at this point.
"Falsehood." He mumbled as we reached where the others were waiting. However, Remy and Thomas were sleeping on a bench, leaning against each other for support. How am I not surprised?
"His narcolepsy struck?" I questioned Des for confirmation. He nodded and smirked.
"Mind explaining why you two are not holding hands?" What?
I looked down and realized my and Logan's hands were intertwined. We quickly let go, allowing our arms to fall limp at our sides. I could feel my face was blushing bright red. I sincerely hope the makeup really does cover my face.
"Should we call it a day?" I'm not really sure I have the heart to wake them up. They look so peaceful." Roman said, staring at the two sleeping beauties on the bench.
"Might as well. Remy's not going to wake up for the next 12 hours at the least." I explained, recalling all the times Remy had suddenly fallen asleep. Remy's narcolepsy is really weird. None of the research I searched ever said anything about his sleeping patterns. Maybe it's from all the coffee he drinks?
"Alright. Roman, honey, can you carry Thomas?" Patton asked, using his puppy dog eyes. Roman nodded helplessly with a dumb smile on his face. Patton. You scare me sometimes.
Roman carefully lifted Thomas off the bench, carrying him bridal style in his arms. Des did the same with Remy before leading the way toward where I assume the exit was.
Glancing over at Logan, I caught him staring at me, making my face heat up once again. God, I'm a blushing, emotional mess today. This is definitely not good for my heart
Time Skip - 3rd Person
Arriving at the apartment, all of the monsters and Virgil were exhausted. Virgil trudged his way to the doorway to his bedroom.
"Remy and Des. You're free to crash for the night if you want. If not, I'll see you whenever. Goodnight, everyone." He announced groggily before shutting the door.
After waiting 30 minutes,  Logan and the others sat in the living room, too lazy to walk tot he kitchen.
"Wake up, Rem." Des shook Remy's shoulder lightly, but it was enough to jolt him awake. Roman did the same with Thomas, gaining the same result.
"Now that everyone's awake, we need to discuss what happened." Logan began.
"If you're talking about kidnapper, it's taken cared of." Remy said sleepily. "We got rid of the bitch ourselves. Of course, Virgil doesn't need to know that."
"But shouldn't the kiddo know why he's being kidnapped in the first place?" Patton looked down at the ground with sad eyes.
"I thought it was because Remy was world famous. Wasn't it?" Roman and Thomas gave confused looks to Remy and Des.
"That's just the cover story we used." Remy explained. "Virgil is not ready for the truth, so you better not tell him."

"Tell me what, exactly?" Virgil's voice echoed.