Chapter 20

Logan's POV
Following Thomas through the crowd, I couldn't shake the immense amount of worry for Virgil's safety and pain entered my chest as I calculated the odds of finding him injured or worse.
We reached a worn down one story building near the edge of Disney's property. It seemed to be partially hidden behind a large hedge, leaving it barely noticeable from afar.
I highly doubt Virgil would have come this far of his own accord.
I quickly walked through the front door, unlocking it from the other side.
"Roman. Patton. You two keep watch in case someone interferes with our search. Thomas, lead the way." I ordered as I opened the door.
Resuming to follow Thomas, with Roman and Patton at a slower pace to watch our backs, I analyzed the building.
An old storage house. Dusty brooms, mops, and other aged cleaning supplies lied around on the ground or on shelves, forgotten and abandoned.
Thomas stopped at the room deepest in the building.
"He's in here." He announced, moving to the left of the door.
From there, Roman kicked down the door, allowing dust and dirt to rise into the air. A small cough came from darkness of the room ahead of me.
Virgil
My eyes scanned the room for any sign of him, stopping at the far wall opposite of where we stood. Virgil was leaning against the wall from the floor in an slightly uncomfortable looking position. Smiling up at us, he figuratively melted my heart.
"Took you long enough." He grinned cockily, though his voice was dripping in relief.
"Thank goodness you're alright!" Patton exclaimed, rushing over and hugging Virgil before anyone had a chance to speak.
Now that I think about it, Patton had been unusually quiet during the whole search. He must have been extremely worried.
"I'm alright, Patton."
"Please don't leve our sides again. Promise me you'll stay with us. Pinky promise!" Patton all but yelled, holding up his left hand, pinky finger raised.
"I promise, Pat." Virgil attempted to raise his hand but only managed to make the chains attached to his wrists rattle. He looked down at them in slight shock. Patton's presence must have made him momentarily forget his shackles.
I walked over to where they sat and kneeled down, raising my hand over the lock for a slit second before it completely disappeared. Without the lock on his wrists, Virgil's chains slacked, allowing him to free himself.
After doing the same for his ankles, I watched as he rubbed his wrists and ankles for some relief.
This is odd. Virgil had just been kidnapped, yet he seems quite calm...something's off. Or could I just be imagining things?
Virgil's POV
Thank god they found me. I was starting to get claustrophobic in this dark room. I do NOT need a second panic attack today....but I feel weird. It's like all my nerves just vanished all of a sudden....like I can't feel anything...This has never happened before...I don't like it...what's going on with me?
A sudden grumbling came from my stomach, tearing me away from my thoughts.
Reality check. Act like nothings wrong and maybe it'll go away soon.
"I take it you're hungry?" Roman smirked. I rolled my eyes
"No shi-"
"Language." Patton warned.
"No Duh." I corrected. "Let's go eat lunch."
"But what about your kidnapper?" Thomas asked, looking toward the door on guard. "We didn't see anyone else in the building."
"Don't worry about that poor soul." I tell him as I stand up and start brushing off dirt from my clothes. "Remy and Des are probably tracking the guy down as we speak."
As if on cue, I heard my ringtone in the distance. Thomas quickly ran toward it, out the door and returned within seconds.
Handing me my phone, the screen reading 'Remy wishes to FaceTime', I answered.
"Virgil! Are you unsafe?" Des yelled through the screen, practically deafening us all.
"I'm fine, Des. Where's Remy?" I scan what I can see of his surroundings, but no Remy was in sight. They're probably doing it again.
"He's doing what he always does: not helping me beat the ever loving soul out of your kidnapper." A sudden scream came from his background noise, followed by loud cracks.I knew it.
I sighed.
"Just make sure to stop before you kill the guy. I don't want a repeat of last time, Des." I could sense Thomas and the others getting uncomfortable at our conversation.
"Fine, Fine. Anyway, don't meet us at Goofy's Kitchen. Hey you four!" He called out to the others through the phone, making them jump.
"Yes?" Logan questioned calmly.
"Make sure Virgil eats something. Don't let him leave your sight until he eats an entire plate of food." He ordered, slightly annoying me with his lack of lies and opposites. Do you really want me to eat that badly?
"We will." Patton calls back to him in response.
"Okay, now I won't see you there." Des says before hanging up the call. Placing my phone in my pocket, I looked up to see them all staring at me.
"What?"
"Uhm. Virgil, how often do you get kidnapped?" Roman asked warily.
"And Wh-What did you mean by 'last time'?" Thomas followed.
"Err.. Well, since Remy and Des are kinda famous, people kidnap me around once every other month?" I answer trying to think back. "As for the last time, Des and Remy nearly killed the guy, ending up in jail for about 2 days. Luckily, Des managed to keep that bit away from the press, so Remy didn't have to worry so much."
They all stood there, staring at me in shock.
"Looks like we're going to need to keep a closer eye on you from now on you, Brother Virgil." Thomas broke the silence, smiling nervously.
"Yeah, But can that wait until after I get some food?" I say half grumpily. They laugh and nod before leading the way out.
However, the empty feeling inside me continued to roar. Keep calm, Virgil. Act normally.

Don't let them know.